The FDA is advising consumers to stop using certain cosmetic “Face Paint” items labeled as distributed by Oriental Trading Co. due to reports of adverse skin reactions (eg, rash, itchiness, burning sensation, swelling) in children where the face paint was applied. Significant microbial contamination was indicated in most of the products tested by an FDA laboratory.
Fun Express, Inc., a subsidiary of Oriental Trading Co., is voluntarily recalling the following face paints manufactured by Shanghai Color Art Stationery Company Limited:
- Blue Face Paint; Item #85/2077; UPC 8 8760048110 7
- Purple Face Paint; Item# 85/2078; UPC 8 8760048112 1
- Red Face Paint; Item# 85/2079; UPC 8 8760048114 5
- Orange Face Paint; Item# 85/2080; UPC 8 8760048116 9
- Black Face Paint; Item# 85/2081; UPC 8 8760048118 3
- Green Face Paint; Item# 85/2082; UPC 8 8760048120 6
For more information visit www.fda.gov/Safety/MedWatch/SafetyInformation/SafetyAlertsforHumanMedicalProducts/ucm150617.htm.