Manual High Level Disinfection:
- Additional manual flushing steps and increased flushing volume of each endoscope channel, as well as the elevator recess area
- Additional raising/lowering the forceps elevator
In addition, FDA has the following recommendations for facilities and staff that use and reprocess the Olympus TJF-Q180V:
- Implement the new manual cleaning and high level disinfection procedures for the Olympus TJF-Q180V duodenoscope in accordance with the manufacturer’s reprocessing instructions.
- Implement the new TJF-Q180V high level disinfection procedure immediately. The high level disinfection procedure does not require additional equipment for implementation.
- Implement the new TJF-Q180V manual cleaning procedure as soon as possible. It involves the use of a new, smaller bristle cleaning brush (model MAJ-1888) which Olympus anticipates shipping to facilities no later than May 8, 2015. Continue using the existing cleaning procedure for manual cleaning of the TJF-Q180V until the new brush is available.
- Train appropriate staff on Olympus’ new reprocessing instructions and implement them as soon as possible.
- Contact Olympus directly with specific questions and concerns or to schedule a site visit with their Endoscopy Support Specialists.
For more information visit FDA.gov.