The FDA is warning consumers to immediately stop using Hydroxycut products, which are being recalled by Iovate Health Sciences. Some Hydroxycut products are associated with serious liver injuries. The FDA has received 23 reports of serious health problems ranging from jaundice and elevated liver enzymes to liver damage requiring liver transplant. One death due to liver failure has been reported. Liver injury, although rare, was reported by patients at the recommended doses of Hydroxcut. Other health problems reported include seizures, cardiovascular disorders, and rhabdomyolysis.
Hydroxycut Cleanse and Hoodia products are not affected by the recall. The products being recalled include:
- Hydroxycut Regular Rapid Release Caplets
- Hydroxycut Caffeine-Free Rapid Release Caplets
- Hydroxycut Hardcore Liquid Caplets
- Hydroxycut Max Liquid Caplets
- Hydroxycut Regular Drink Packets
- Hydroxycut Caffeine-Free Drink Packets
- Hydroxycut Hardcore Drink Packets (Ignition Stix)
- Hydroxycut Max Drink Packets
- Hydroxycut Liquid Shots
- Hydroxycut Hardcore RTDs (Ready-to-Drink)
- Hydroxycut Max Aqua Shed
- Hydroxycut 24
- Hydroxycut Carb Control
- Hydroxycut Natural
Hydroxycut products are dietary supplements marketed for weight-loss, as fat burners, energy-enhancers, low-carbohydrate diet aids, and for water loss.
For more information visit www.fda.gov/Safety/MedWatch/SafetyInformation/SafetyAlertsforHumanMedicalProducts/ucm144316.htm.