Over 1 Million ADHD Patches Recalled Due to Liner Defect
Noven Therapeutics announced a voluntary recall of 6 lots of Daytrana (methylphenidate) due to the patches no longer meeting the release liner removal specification and/or z-statistic. This error can make it difficult for patients and caregivers to remove the liners from the Daytrana patches.
The affected products are as follows:
- 10mg; Lot #80433; Exp. 08/2017; Quantity: 321,900
- 15mg; Lot# 80426; Exp. 10/2017; Quantity: 234,960
- 20mg; Lot #80431; Exp. 08/2017; Quantity: 182,850
- 30mg; Lot #80442; Exp. 10/2017; Quantity: 117,000
- 30mg; Lot #80439; Exp. 08/2017; Quantity: 113,160
- 30mg; Lot #80438; Exp. 08/2017; Quantity: 101,790
Anyone in possession of the recalled Lot# should cease distributing and quarantine the product. Noven is notifying all wholesale and retail customers that may have received the impacted products.
Daytrana, a central nervous system (CNS) stimulant, is indicated to treat attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in patients aged ≥6 years. It is supplied as 10mg, 15mg, 20mg, and 30mg strength transdermal patches that deliver the medication over 9 hours.
For more information call (877) 567-7857 or visit Noven.com.