November 17, 2009
IDS Sports brand dietary supplements recalledThe FDA and IDS sports have notified consumers of a nationwide voluntary recall of five IDS dietary supplement products: Bromodrol, Dual Action Grow Tabs, Grow Tabs, Mass Tabs, and Ripped Tabs TR. This recall is because the mentioned products have been found to contain undeclared substances, which the FDA considers to be steroids: “Madol,” “Turinabol,” “Superdrol,” and/or “Androstenedione.”
The following products are being recalled:
- Bromodrol – 1 box, All lots
- Dual Action Grow Tabs – 1 box, All lots
- Grow Tabs – 1 bottle of 60 capsules, All lots
- Mass Tabs – 1 bottle of 30 capsules, Purchased during or after 4/09
- Mass Tabs – 1 bottle of 60 capsules, Purchased during or after 8/09
- Ripped Tabs TR – 1 box, Purchased during or after 12/08
- Ripped Tabs TR – 1 bottle of 60 capsules, Purchased during or after 12/08
Consumers who have these products in their possession should stop using them immediately and contact their healthcare professional if they experience any adverse effects that may be related to using the products.
For more information visit www.fda.gov/Safety/MedWatch/SafetyInformation/SafetyAlertsforHumanMedicalProducts/ucm190925.htm.