HealthDay News — An Indianapolis teen suffered serious burns after his friends poured boiling hot water on him as part of fad called the “Hot Water Challenge.”
The boiling water was poured on Kyland Clark, 15, as he slept. He suffered second-degree burns to his body and face, Fox News reported. The incident occurred after Clark and his friends had watched videos of the challenge on YouTube.
Clark spent a week in the hospital. His doctors are hopeful that pigment will return in Clark’s face within a few months.
Last summer, an 11-year-old girl in New York suffered face and chest burns after friends poured hot water on her. Also last summer, an 8-year-old girl suffered fatal throat injuries after she tried to drink boiling water through a straw, Fox News reported.