In addition to this new presentation, the Company manufactures Heparin Sodium Injection as 5000 units per 1mL in a Simplist prefilled syringe, along with Heparin Sodium in 5 freeflex premix ready-to-administer containers and 11 vial presentations.
“Fresenius Kabi is focused on expanding our Heparin and Simplist prefilled syringe portfolios with this Simplist Heparin prefilled syringe,” said John Ducker, president and CEO of Fresenius Kabi USA. “By combining a small-volume presentation of Heparin with our other convenient ready-to-administer prefilled syringes, this product will support safe practices for this high-alert medication.”
Heparin Sodium is an anticoagulant indicated for:
- Prophylaxis and treatment of venous thromboembolism and pulmonary embolism (PE)
- Prevention of postoperative deep venous thrombosis and PE in patients undergoing major abdominothoracic surgery or who, for other reasons, are at risk of developing thromboembolic disease
- Atrial fibrillation with embolization
- Treatment of acute and chronic consumptive coagulopathies (disseminated intravascular coagulation)
- Prevention of clotting in arterial and cardiac surgery
- Prophylaxis and treatment of peripheral arterial embolism
- Use as an anticoagulant in blood transfusions, extracorporeal circulation, and dialysis procedures
For more information visit fresenius-kabi.com/us.