Family Dollar is voluntarily recalling certain over-the-counter (OTC) drug products that were stored outside of labeled temperature requirements by Family Dollar.
The recalled products were stored and shipped to certain stores around June 1, 2022 through March 31, 2023, and include the following:
- Advil 200mg Tablet 100-count; SKU 0901458; Batch Numbers: 3P8G, 695E, A92E, G65G, SH2R, SX8G, VT5P, WK3M, X98T, XS5P;
- Advil 200mg Caplet 24-count; SKU 0901839; Batch Numbers: 3P8D, 6T8W, BA7G;
- Advil Dual Action 36-count Caplet; SKU 0902867; Batch Numbers: 6Y7F, 9M5B, HM6R, VJ3H;
- Advil Tablet 50-count; SKU 0913023; Batch Numbers: 4A3U, 564B, 6X8C, 9A3K, C72H, G64V;
- Advil Liquid Gel 40-count; SKU 0916071; Batch Numbers: R95323, R96317, R96810, R97196, R97197, R97198, R97203, R97204, R99183, R99184, R99528, T00613, T01662, T01663;
- Advil Tablet 6-count; SKU 0999259; Batch Numbers: 2041LB, 2094LB, 2108LB, 2109LA, 2110LA, 2111LC, 2122LB, 2123LB, 2124LA, 2126LA, 2138LB, 2139LA, 2139LB, 2143LB, 2145LC, 2147LA, 2152LA, 2153LB, 2153LC, 2154LB, 2154LC, 2157LC, 2158LA, 2159LB, 2236LA, 2236LB, 2237LA, 2243LA, 2244LC, 2245LC;
- Advil Liqui Gel Minis 20-count; SKU 0999841; Batch Numbers: R97214, R99598, R99600, T00617, T00618, T03897.
The Company has notified its affected stores requesting them to check their stock and discontinue the sale of any affected product. To date, the Company has not received any reports of consumer complaints or reports of illness related to this recall.
Adverse events or quality issues should be reported to the FDA’s MedWatch Adverse Event Reporting program. Consumers with questions regarding this recall can contact Family Dollar Customer Service at (844) 636-7687.
Family Dollar is initiating a voluntary recall of certain over-the-counter drug products because the products have been stored outside of labeled temperature requirements. News release. Family Dollar. Accessed May 5, 2023. https://www.fda.gov/safety/recalls-market-withdrawals-safety-alerts/family-dollar-initiating-voluntary-recall-certain-over-counter-drug-products-because-products-have.