Novo Nordisk announced the launch of several new programs that are intended to improve insulin affordability for US patients.
These programs include:
- My$99Insulin: Patients will be allowed to purchase up to 3 vials or 2 packs of FlexPen/FlexTouch/PenFill pens of any combination of Novo Nordisk insulins (ie, NovoLog, Novolog Mix 70/30, Levemir, Tresiba, Fiasp, Novolin N, Novolin R, Novolin 70/30) for $99.00.
- Patients can enroll by visiting NovoCare.com.
- Card can be printed and redeemed with a prescription at the pharmacy.
- The program is available to eligible patients with or without insurance.
- Authorized Generics of Novolog and Novolog Mix: Insulin Aspart and Insulin Aspart Protamine/Insulin Aspart (Insulin Aspart Mix) are available (for pick up at the pharmacy in 1 to 3 business days) in vials and pens at a reduced price compared to the current listed price of the branded versions:
- Insulin Aspart 10mL vial/1000 Units: $144.68
- Insulin Aspart 5x3mL PenFill/1500 Units: $268.73
- Insulin Aspart 5x3mL FlexPen/1500 Units: $279.41
- Insulin Aspart Mix 70/30 10mL vial/1000 Units: $150.06
- Insulin Aspart Mix 70/30 5x3mL FlexPen/1500 Units: $279.41
- Immediate Supply: For patients in need of insulin immediately, Novo Nordisk will supply a free, one-time supply of up to 3 vials or 2 packs of pens for patients with a prescription.
- Patients can call (844) 668-6463 or visit NovoCare.com.
Novo Nordisk will continue to supply the branded versions for patients who wish to continue using Novolog and Novolog Mix 70/30.
“Today, we have made available additional options recognizing the different situations that make insulin unaffordable or inaccessible,” said Doug Langa, executive vice president, North America Operations and president of Novo Nordisk Inc. “With these programs, in conjunction with NNI’s investment in rebates to ensure our medicines are on formularies, we are continuing to take action to help people with diabetes afford their insulin as we work toward much needed longer-term change.”
For more information visit novocare.com.