The National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases (NIAID) Issues issued a new clinical practice guideline to assist healthcare professionals in the diagnosis and management of food allergy.
Specifically, this new guideline includes:
- Definitions of food allergy and disorders associated with food allergy.
- Descriptions of the development of food allergy and conditions associated with food allergy.
- Recommendations on
– How to diagnose food allergy and what tests to use.
– How to manage non-life-threatening allergic reactions.
– How to diagnose and manage life-threatening food-induced anaphylaxis and other acute reactions.
For more information visit www.niaid.nih.gov/topics/foodAllergy/clinical/Pages/default.aspx.