Fresenius Kabi has announced the launch of Glycopyrrolate Injection, USP 0.6mg per 3mL in the Simplist® ready-to-administer prefilled syringe.
The Simplist ready-to-administer prefilled syringes require no assembly. “Fresenius Kabi is focused on helping reduce clinician burden by expanding our ready-to-administer offerings,” said John Ducker, president and CEO of Fresenius Kabi USA. “We’re pleased that our Simplist prefilled syringe portfolio now includes Glycopyrrolate Injection, USP, which will minimize preparation complexity to streamline workflows and help support patient safety in the US.”
The product may be administered prior to or concomitantly with Simplist Neostigmine Methylsulfate Injection, USP 3mg per 3mL prefilled syringe for reversal of neuromuscular blockade.
Glycopyrrolate Injection is for intramuscular or intravenous use indicated in anesthesia (adult and pediatric patients):
- For reduction of airway or gastric secretions, and volume and acidity of gastric secretions, and blockade of cardiac inhibitory reflexes during induction of anesthesia and intubation.
- Intraoperatively to counteract surgically or drug-induced or vagal reflex associated arrhythmias.
- For protection against peripheral muscarinic effects of cholinergic agents.
Additionally, Glycopyrrolate Injection is indicated as adjunctive therapy for the treatment of peptic ulcer when rapid anticholinergic effect is desired or oral medication is not tolerated.
Glycopyrrolate Injection is also available in 0.2mg per 1mL and 0.4mg per 2mL dosage strengths in ready-to-administer prefilled syringes and vials.
- Fresenius Kabi expands ready-to-administer portfolio with Glycopyrrolate Injection, USP Simplist® Prefilled Syringe. News release. Fresenius Kabi. Accessed July 25, 2022. https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20220725005542/en/Fresenius-Kabi-Expands-Ready-to-Administer-Portfolio-with-Glycopyrrolate-Injection-USP-Simplist%C2%AE-Prefilled-Syringe
- Glycopyrrolate Injection. Package insert. Fresenius Kabi; 2022. Accessed July 25, 2022. http://editor.fresenius-kabi.us/admin/assets/PIs/US-PH-Glycopyrrolate_FK_PI_451718B_s.pdf