The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has reported that the Namenda XR (memantine HCl; Forest) extended-release capsules shortage has been resolved as of February 11, 2016.
The shortage of Namenda XR was first reported on August 6, 2014. The following strengths and packaging are available again:
- Namenda XR 14mg Bottle of 30
- Namenda XR 14mg Bottle of 90
- Namenda XR 14mg 10 x 10 Unit Dose
- Namenda XR 21mg Bottle of 30
- Namenda XR 28mg Bottle of 30
- Namenda XR 28mg 10 x 10 Unit Dose
- Namenda XR Titration Pack: Contains 28 capsules (7x7mg, 7x14mg, 7x21mg, 7x28mg)
- Namenda XR 28mg Bottle of 90
RELATED: Alzheimer’s Drug Won’t Be Discontinued After All
Memantine HCl is an NMDA receptor antagonist approved for the treatment of moderate-to-severe dementia of the Alzheimer’s type. It is also available as Namenda oral solution and Namenda capsules.
Namenda XR is available as 7mg, 14mg, 21mg, and 28mg strength extended-release capsules.
For more information call (800) 678-1605 or visit NamendaXR.com.