1. CNN.com. How to make those New Year’s resolutions stick. (2009) Available at: http://edition.cnn.com/2008/HEALTH/dailydose/12/02/new.year.resolutions/index.html. Accessed: December 13, 2013.
2. Norcross JC, Mrykalo MS, Blagys MD. Auld lang syne: success predictors, change processes, and self-reported outcomes of New Year’s resolvers and nonresolvers. J Clin Psychol. 2002 Apr;58(4):397-405.
3. American Heart Association. Quick-weight -loss or fad diets. (2012) Available at: http://www.heart.org/HEARTORG/GettingHealthy/NutritionCenter/Quick-Weight-Loss-or-Fad-Diets_UCM_305970_Article.jsp. Accessed: December 14, 2013.
4. Bastin S. University of Kentucky College of Agriculture. Fad diets. (2004) Available at: http://www2.ca.uky.edu/hes/fcs/factshts/FN-SSB.119.pdf. Accessed: December 13, 2013.
5. Jensen MD, Ryan DH, Apovian CM, et al. 2013 AHA/ACC/TOS Guideline for the Management of Overweight and Obesity in Adults: A Report of the American College of Cardiology/American Hearth Association Task force on Practice Guidelines and the Obesity Society. Available at: http://circ.ahajournals.org/content/early/2013/11/11/01.cir.0000437739.71477.ee.full.pdf+html. Accessed: December 9, 2013.
6. Rydén et al, 2013. ESC Guidelines on diabetes, pre-diabetes, and cardiovascular diseases developed in collaboration with the EASD. Available at: http://eurheartj.oxfordjournals.org/content/early/2013/08/29/eurheartj.eht108.full. Accessed: December 14, 2013.
7. Rosendorff C, Black HR, Cannon CP, et al. Treatment of hypertension in the prevention and management of ischemic heart disease: a scientific statement from the American Heart Association Council for High Blood Pressure Research and the Councils on Clinical Cardiology and Epidemiology and Prevention. Circulation. 2007;115(21):2761-2788.
8. Moses S. DASH diet. Family Practice Notebook. Updated December 16, 2013. Available at: http://www.fpnotebook.com/cv/Prevent/DshDt.htm. Accessed: December 17, 2013.
9. Tyson CC, Nwankwo C, Lin PH, Svetkey LP. The Dietary Approaches to Stop Hypertension (DASH) eating pattern in special populations. Curr Hypertens Rep. 2012;14(5):388-396.
10. Gwynne M, Mounsey A. Mediterranean diet: higher fat but lower risk. J Fam Pract. 2013;62(2):745-748.
11. Serra-Majem L, Roman B, Estruch R. Scientific evidence of interventions using the Mediterranean diet: a systematic review. Nutr Rev. 2006 Feb;64(2 Pt 2):S27-S47.
12. Finley CE, Barlow CE, Greenway FL, et al. Retention rates and weight loss in a commercial weight loss program. Int J Obes. 2007;31(2):292-298.
13. Martin CK, Talamini L, Johnson A, et al. Weight loss and retention in a commercial weight-loss program and the effect of corporate partnership. Int J Obes. 2010;34(4):742-570.
14. Tsai AG, Wadden TA. Systematic review: an evaluation of major commercial weight loss programs in the United States. Ann Intern Med. 2005;142(1):56-66.
15. Jolly K, Lewis A, Beach J, et al. Comparison of range of commercial or primary care led weight reduction programmes with minimal intervention control for weight loss in obesity: Lighten Up randomised controlled trial. BMJ. 2011;343:d6500.
16. Dansinger ML, Gleason JA, Griffith JL, et al. Comparison of the Atkins, Ornish, Weight Watchers, and Zone diets for weight loss and heart disease risk reduction: a randomized trial. JAMA. 2005;293(1):43-53.
17. Gardner CD, Kiazand A, Alhassan S, et al. Comparison of the Atkins, Zone, Ornish, and LEARN diets for change in weight and related risk factors among overweight premenopausal women: the A TO Z Weight Loss Study: a randomized trial. JAMA. 2007;297(9):969-977.
18. Berkowitz RI, Wadden TA, Gehrman CA, et al. Meal replacements in the treatment of adolescent obesity: a randomized controlled trial. Obesity. 2011 Jun;19(6):1193-1199.
19. Krukowski RA, West DS, Harvey-Berino J. Recent advances in internet-delivered, evidence-based weight control programs for adults. J Diabetes Sci Technol. 2009 Jan;3(1):184-189.
20. Haugen HA, Tran ZV, Wyatt HR, et al. Using telehealth to increase participation in weight maintenance programs. Obesity. 2007;15(12):3067-3077.
21. Longin R, Grasse M, Aspalter R, Waldherr K. Effectiveness of the online weight reduction program KiloCoach™ and comparison with other evaluated commercial direct intervention and online programs. Obes Facts. 2012;5(3):372-383.
22. Pagoto S, Schneider K, Jojic M, et al. Evidence-based strategies in weight-loss mobile apps. Am J Prev Med. 2013;45(5):576-582.