1. Webb GJ, Egger G. Obesity and climate change: can we link the two and can we deal with both together? Am J Lifestyle Med. September 12, 2013.
2. Skouteris H, Cox R, Huang T, et al. Promoting obesity prevention together with environmental sustainability. Health Promot Int. 2013 Feb 7. [Epub ahead of print]
3. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Overweight and obesity. (2013) Available at: http://www.cdc.gov/obesity/data/facts.html. Accessed: October 10, 2013.
4. World Health Organization. Obesity and overweight. (2013) Available at: http://www.who.int/mediacentre/factsheets/fs311/en/. Accessed: October 11, 2013.
5. Faergeman O. Climate change and preventive medicine. Eur J Cardiovasc Prev Rehabil. 2007;14(6):726-729.
6. Egger G, Pearson S, Pal S, Swinburn B. Dissecting obesogenic behaviours: the development and application of a test battery for targeting prescription for weight loss. Obesity Rev. 2007;8(6):481-486.
7. Endocrine Society. Obesity in America. (2013) Available at: http://obesityinamerica.org/understanding-obesity/. Accessed: October 11, 2013.
8. Eshel G. Martin PA. Diet, energy and global warming. Earth Interact.2006;1099:1-17.
9. Campbell TC, Campbell TM. The China Study: Startling Implications for Diet, Weight Loss, and Long-Term Health. Dallas, TX: BenBella Books, 2007.
10. United States Environmental Protection Agency (2012). Climate change indicators in the United States. Available at: http://www.epa.gov/climatechange/science/indicators/. Accessed: November 11, 2013.
11. Lake IR, Hooper L, Asmaa A, et al. Climate Change and Food Security: Health Impacts in Developed Countries. Environ Health Perspect. 2012;120(11):1520–1526.
12. Sherman M, Ford JD. Market engagement and food insecurity after a climatic hazard. Global Food Security. 2013;2(3): 144–155.
13. Leiserowitz A, Maibach E, Roser-Renouf C, et al. Global Warming’s Six Americas in September 2012. Yale University and George Mason University. New Haven, CT: Yale Project on Climate Change Communication. http://environment.yale.edu/climate-communication/files/Six-Americas-September-2012.pdf. Accessed August 5, 2013.
14. Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change. Climate change: synthesis report. 2001. http://www.grida.no/publications/other/ipcc_tar/?src_/climate/ipcc_tar/vol4/english/. Accessed October 11, 2013.
15. Fawcett T. Personal carbon trading: a policy ahead of its time? Energy Policy. 2010;38:6868-6876.
16. Norfolk Island Carbon Health Evaluation (NICHE) Study. Available at: www.niche.nlk.nf. Accessed: October 11, 2013.