Generic Name and Formulations:
Cetirizine HCl 10mg; tabs.
McNeil Consumer Healthcare
Indications for ZYRTEC:
Adults and Children:
Chew tabs: may take with or without water. For doses <5mg: use syrup. <2yrs: not recommended. 2–6yrs: initially 2.5mg once daily; max 5mg once daily or 2.5mg every 12hrs. ≥6yrs: initially 5–10mg once daily. ≥65yrs: use chew tabs or syrup: 5mg once daily. Hepatic or renal impairment: individualize.
Hives Relief: not used for prevention or as a substitute for epinephrine. Hepatic or renal dysfunction. Pregnancy. Nursing mothers: not recommended.
Potentiates CNS depression with alcohol, other CNS depressants.
Drowsiness, somnolence, fatigue, dry mouth, pharyngitis. Children: headache, pharyngitis, GI upset/pain, cough, somnolence, diarrhea, epistaxis, bronchospasm, fatigue, irritability, insomnia.
Tabs—5, 14, 30, 45, 75; Liquid gels—12, 25, 40; Chew tabs 5mg—5, 10mg—12, 24; Hives Relief tabs—14; Syrup—4oz
- Necessary Procedure Leads to Assault and Battery Charges
- Certain Antibiotics May Up Diabetes Risk
- FDA: Life-Threatening Interaction Possible Between Antivirals, Amiodarone
- Study: Abuse, Addiction, Poisoning Diagnoses Decrease with Reformulated Oxycontin
- Spironolactone for Hormonal Acne: Is Routine Potassium Monitoring Necessary?
- Public Health Emergency Declared in IN Following HIV Outbreak
- Study: Hospital Readmissions, Length of Stay Greater for C. diff Patients
- Does the Aviation Industry Need Better Mental Health Screening?
- National Strategy to Fight Superbugs Released by the White House
- Gene Mutation May Explain Severe Flu in Healthy Children