Generic Name and Formulations:
Cetirizine HCl 10mg; tabs.
McNeil Consumer Healthcare
Indications for ZYRTEC:
Adults and Children:
Chew tabs: may take with or without water. For doses <5mg: use syrup. <2yrs: not recommended. 2–6yrs: initially 2.5mg once daily; max 5mg once daily or 2.5mg every 12hrs. ≥6yrs: initially 5–10mg once daily. ≥65yrs: use chew tabs or syrup: 5mg once daily. Hepatic or renal impairment: individualize.
Hives Relief: not used for prevention or as a substitute for epinephrine. Hepatic or renal dysfunction. Pregnancy. Nursing mothers: not recommended.
Potentiates CNS depression with alcohol, other CNS depressants.
Drowsiness, somnolence, fatigue, dry mouth, pharyngitis. Children: headache, pharyngitis, GI upset/pain, cough, somnolence, diarrhea, epistaxis, bronchospasm, fatigue, irritability, insomnia.
Tabs—5, 14, 30, 45, 75; Liquid gels—12, 25, 40; Chew tabs 5mg—5, 10mg—12, 24; Hives Relief tabs—14; Syrup—4oz
- Paleo Diet: Should It Stay in the Stone Age?
- Risks and Recommendations: The Use of NSAIDs in Patients With Cardiovascular Disease
- Neurological Complications Caused by "Skinny Jeans"
- Popular Restaurant Meals That Pack a Caloric Punch
- What's the Secret to Longevity? Lessons from "Blue Zones" Worldwide