Generic Name and Formulations:
Zolpidem tartrate 5mg per metered actuation (one spray) in 100microliter; oral solution spray; cherry-flavor.
Indications for ZOLPIMIST:
Short-term treatment of insomnia characterized by difficulties with sleep initiation.
Individualize. Give once daily immediately before bedtime. 10mg (two actuations). Max 10mg/day. Elderly, debilitated, or hepatic impaired: 5mg (one actuation); monitor closely. Concomitant CNS depressants: use downward dose adjustments. Effects delayed if used with or immediately after a meal.
Evaluate for co-morbid diagnoses (eg, physical and/or psychiatric disorders) prior to treatment. Reevaluate if insomnia persists after 7–10 days of use. Monitor for new onset behavioral changes, worsening of depression, or suicidal thinking. Hepatic impairment. Conditions that affect metabolism or hemodynamic response. Compromised respiratory function. Sleep apnea. Myasthenia gravis. Drug abusers. Write ℞ for smallest practical amount. Withdraw gradually. Debilitated. Elderly. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers.
Additive effects with concomitant other CNS depressants (eg, imipramine, chlorpromazine), or alcohol (avoid); reduce dose. Potentiated by potent CYP3A4 inhibitors (eg, ketoconazole); reduce zolpidem dose. Antagonized by CYP3A4 inducers (eg, rifampin).
Drowsiness, dizziness, diarrhea, drugged feeling, headache; abnormal thinking, behavioral changes, complex behaviors (eg, sleep-driving), hallucinations, amnesia, anxiety, other neuropsychiatric symptoms; anaphylaxis, angioedema.
Pump (60 metered actuations)—1
- 7.7ml of 5mg/spray bottle of sprays (Qty:1)
- appx. price $156.00
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
- 2016 Recommended Immunization Schedule for Adults: What's Changed?
- 2016 Childhood and Adolescent Immunization Schedule Released
- Spiriva Respimat Gains Indication and New Dosage Strength
- First Sexually-Transmitted Zika Virus Case Confirmed in Texas
- To Rx or Not to Rx: Interventions to Improve Antibiotic Prescribing for Uncomplicated Acute RTI
- New Study Proposes Strategies for Pain Control After Total Knee Replacement
- CDC: Novel Lyme Disease Pathogen Discovered
- FDA to Review Rexulti as Maintenance Therapy for Schizophrenia
- Case Illustrates Impact of Dabigatran-Phenytoin Interaction
- Real-World Data on Retreating HCV Patients With NS5A Inhibitor Failure