Generic Name and Formulations:
Zolpidem tartrate 5mg per metered actuation (one spray) in 100microliter; oral solution spray; cherry-flavor.
Indications for ZOLPIMIST:
Short-term treatment of insomnia characterized by difficulties with sleep initiation.
Individualize. Give once daily immediately before bedtime. 10mg (two actuations). Max 10mg/day. Elderly, debilitated, or hepatic impaired: 5mg (one actuation); monitor closely. Concomitant CNS depressants: use downward dose adjustments. Effects delayed if used with or immediately after a meal.
Evaluate for co-morbid diagnoses (eg, physical and/or psychiatric disorders) prior to treatment. Reevaluate if insomnia persists after 7–10 days of use. Monitor for new onset behavioral changes, worsening of depression, or suicidal thinking. Hepatic impairment. Conditions that affect metabolism or hemodynamic response. Compromised respiratory function. Sleep apnea. Myasthenia gravis. Drug abusers. Write ℞ for smallest practical amount. Withdraw gradually. Debilitated. Elderly. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers.
Additive effects with concomitant other CNS depressants (eg, imipramine, chlorpromazine), or alcohol (avoid); reduce dose. Potentiated by potent CYP3A4 inhibitors (eg, ketoconazole); reduce zolpidem dose. Antagonized by CYP3A4 inducers (eg, rifampin).
Drowsiness, dizziness, diarrhea, drugged feeling, headache; abnormal thinking, behavioral changes, complex behaviors (eg, sleep-driving), hallucinations, amnesia, anxiety, other neuropsychiatric symptoms; anaphylaxis, angioedema.
Pump (60 metered actuations)—1
- 7.7ml of 5mg/spray bottle of sprays (Qty:1)
- appx. price $157.00
- Necessary Procedure Leads to Assault and Battery Charges
- Certain Antibiotics May Up Diabetes Risk
- FDA: Life-Threatening Interaction Possible Between Antivirals, Amiodarone
- Study: Abuse, Addiction, Poisoning Diagnoses Decrease with Reformulated Oxycontin
- Spironolactone for Hormonal Acne: Is Routine Potassium Monitoring Necessary?
- Public Health Emergency Declared in IN Following HIV Outbreak
- Study: Hospital Readmissions, Length of Stay Greater for C. diff Patients
- Does the Aviation Industry Need Better Mental Health Screening?
- National Strategy to Fight Superbugs Released by the White House
- Gene Mutation May Explain Severe Flu in Healthy Children