Generic Name and Formulations:
Ciclesonide 37mcg/actuation; metered-dose nasal aerosol; contains HFA.
Indications for ZETONNA:
Treatment of symptoms associated with seasonal and perennial allergic rhinitis.
One actuation in each nostril once daily (37mcg/actuation); max 74mcg/day.
Conduct nasal examination before starting treatment. Discontinue if nasal erosion, ulceration, or perforation occurs. Active or quiescent respiratory tract tuberculosis. Infections (eg, fungal, bacterial, viral, parasitic, or ocular herpes simplex). If exposed to measles or chickenpox, consider immunoglobulin prophylactic therapy. Monitor for acute adrenal insufficiency if prolonged systemic corticosteroid therapy is replaced with topical steroids. Monitor for hypercorticism and HPA axis suppression (if occur discontinue gradually), and for candida infection and other nasal cavity changes. Monitor for growth suppression in children. Monitor for vision changes or in those with a history of increased intraocular pressure, glaucoma or cataracts. Avoid spraying in eyes or directly onto the nasal septum. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers.
May be potentiated by ketoconazole.
Nasal discomfort, headache, epistaxis; nasal ulceration, nasal septal perforation, candida infection, impaired wound healing.
Nasal aerosol—6.1g (60 actuations)
- 6.1g of 37mcg canister of nasal aerosols (Qty:1)
- appx. price $189.00
- Paleo Diet: Should It Stay in the Stone Age?
- Risks and Recommendations: The Use of NSAIDs in Patients With Cardiovascular Disease
- Neurological Complications Caused by "Skinny Jeans"
- What's the Secret to Longevity? Lessons from "Blue Zones" Worldwide
- Peanut Allergy Drug Designated Breakthrough Therapy