ZEGERID OTC OTC
Generic Name and Formulations:
Omeprazole 20mg, sodium bicarbonate 1100mg; per cap; contains 303mg Na+/cap.
Merck & Co., Inc.
Indications for ZEGERID OTC:
Frequent heartburn (≥2 days/week).
Swallow whole. Take at least 1 hour before eating in the AM. ≥18yrs: one capsule daily for 14 days; may repeat 14-day course every 4 months.
<18yrs: not recommended.
Proton pump inhibitor + antacid.
Not for immediate relief of heartburn. Sodium-restricted diets. Reevaluate if condition continues or worsens after 14 days. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers: not recommended.
May potentiate diazepam, warfarin, tacrolimus. Antagonizes atazanavir. May alter absorption of pH-dependent drugs (eg, ketoconazole, itraconazole, digoxin).
Caps—14, 28, 42
- Necessary Procedure Leads to Assault and Battery Charges
- Certain Antibiotics May Up Diabetes Risk
- FDA: Life-Threatening Interaction Possible Between Antivirals, Amiodarone
- Study: Abuse, Addiction, Poisoning Diagnoses Decrease with Reformulated Oxycontin
- Study: Pregnant, Breastfeeding Women Not Consuming Enough of This Nutrient
- Public Health Emergency Declared in IN Following HIV Outbreak
- Study: Hospital Readmissions, Length of Stay Greater for C. diff Patients
- Does the Aviation Industry Need Better Mental Health Screening?
- National Strategy to Fight Superbugs Released by the White House
- Gene Mutation May Explain Severe Flu in Healthy Children