ZEGERID OTC OTC
Generic Name and Formulations:
Omeprazole 20mg, sodium bicarbonate 1100mg; per cap; contains 303mg Na+/cap.
Merck & Co., Inc.
Indications for ZEGERID OTC:
Frequent heartburn (≥2 days/week).
Swallow whole. Take at least 1 hour before eating in the AM. ≥18yrs: one capsule daily for 14 days; may repeat 14-day course every 4 months.
<18yrs: not recommended.
Proton pump inhibitor + antacid.
Not for immediate relief of heartburn. Sodium-restricted diets. Reevaluate if condition continues or worsens after 14 days. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers: not recommended.
May potentiate diazepam, warfarin, tacrolimus. Antagonizes atazanavir. May alter absorption of pH-dependent drugs (eg, ketoconazole, itraconazole, digoxin).
Caps—14, 28, 42
- Paleo Diet: Should It Stay in the Stone Age?
- Risks and Recommendations: The Use of NSAIDs in Patients With Cardiovascular Disease
- Neurological Complications Caused by "Skinny Jeans"
- Popular Restaurant Meals That Pack a Caloric Punch
- What's the Secret to Longevity? Lessons from "Blue Zones" Worldwide