Generic Name and Formulations:
Ranitidine (as HCl) 150mg, 300mg; tabs.
Indications for ZANTAC:
Active duodenal or benign gastric ulcer. Maintenance of healing of duodenal or gastric ulcer. Pathological hypersecretory conditions (eg, Zollinger-Ellison syndrome and systemic mastocytosis). GERD. Erosive esophagitis. Maintenance of healing of erosive esophagitis.
Efferdose: dissolve 1 tab in 5mL of water. >16yrs: Active duodenal ulcer: 150mg twice daily or 300mg once daily after evening meal or at bedtime for up to 8wks; maintenance: 150mg at bedtime. Active benign gastric ulcer, hypersecretory conditions or GERD: 150mg twice daily; max 6g daily in hypersecretory conditions. Maintenance of healing of gastric ulcer: 150mg at bedtime. Limit to 6wks in benign gastric ulcer. Esophagitis: 150mg 4 times daily; reevaluate after 12wks; maintenance of healing of erosive esophagitis: 150mg twice daily. Renal impairment (CrCl <50mL/min): 150mg every 24hrs or more often if needed. Coincide a dose for end of hemodialysis. May give antacids concomitantly.
Efferdose: dissolve 1 tab in 5mL of water. <1month: not recommended. ≥1month–16yrs: Treatment of duodenal or gastric ulcers: 2–4mg/kg per day in two divided doses; max 300mg/day. Maintenance of healing of duodenal or gastric ulcers: 2–4mg/kg per day once daily; max 150mg/day. GERD, erosive esophagitis: 5–10mg/kg per day usually in two divided doses. Renal impairment (CrCl <50mL/min): reduce dose; see literature.
History of acute porphyria: not recommended. Renal impairment: reduce dose. Hepatic dysfunction. Discontinue if hepatic disorders occur. Monitor SGPT if on high-dose IV therapy for ≥5 days. Pregnancy (Cat.B). Nursing mothers.
May increase triazolam, midazolam, glipizide, procainamide levels. May decrease ketoconazole, atazanavir, delaviridine, gefitnib levels. Monitor anticoagulants. May cause false (+) urine protein test with Multistix.
Headache, GI disturbances, jaundice, hepatitis, rash; rare: CNS disturbances, arrhythmias, blurred vision, arthralgia, myalgia, inj site reactions, blood dyscrasias, anaphylaxis, angioneurotic edema, acute interstitial nephritis, bradycardia with rapid administration (IV); increased risk of pneumonia (see literature).
Tabs 150mg—60, 180, 500; 300mg—30; EFFERdose tabs—60; Syrup—pt; Inj single dose 2mL—10; Multidose 6mL—1; Premixed 50mL—24
- 150mg tablets (Qty:60)
- appx. price $277.00
- Necessary Procedure Leads to Assault and Battery Charges
- Certain Antibiotics May Up Diabetes Risk
- FDA: Life-Threatening Interaction Possible Between Antivirals, Amiodarone
- Study: Abuse, Addiction, Poisoning Diagnoses Decrease with Reformulated Oxycontin
- Spironolactone for Hormonal Acne: Is Routine Potassium Monitoring Necessary?
- Public Health Emergency Declared in IN Following HIV Outbreak
- Study: Hospital Readmissions, Length of Stay Greater for C. diff Patients
- Does the Aviation Industry Need Better Mental Health Screening?
- National Strategy to Fight Superbugs Released by the White House
- Gene Mutation May Explain Severe Flu in Healthy Children