Generic Name and Formulations:
Hydrocodone bitartrate 10mg, acetaminophen 325mg; per 15mL; soln; contains alcohol 6.7%; fruit flavor.
Indications for ZAMICET:
Moderate to moderately severe pain.
Adult Dose for ZAMICET:
15mL every 4–6 hours as needed; max 90mL/day.
Children's Dose for ZAMICET:
<2yrs: not recommended. Use calibrated dropper. 2–3yrs (12–15kg): 2.8mL; max 16.8mL/day. 4–6yrs (16–22kg): 3.75mL; max 22.5mL/day. 7–9yrs (23–31kg): 5.6mL; max 33.6mL/day. 10–13yrs (32–45kg): 7.5mL; max 45mL/day. 14yrs to adult (≥46kg): 11.25mL; max 67.5mL/day. All: give every 4–6 hours as needed.
Opioid + analgesic.
Head injury. Increased intracranial pressure. Acute abdomen. Severe renal or hepatic impairment; monitor. Hypothyroidism. Addison's disease. GI or GU obstruction. Post-op use (may suppress cough reflex). Pulmonary disease. Drug abusers. Elderly. Debilitated. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Labor & delivery, nursing mothers: not recommended.
Potentiation with alcohol, other CNS depressants, antihistamines, antipsychotics, antianxiety drugs; reduce dose of either or both drugs if used together. May potentiate, or be potentiated by, MAOIs or tricyclic antidepressants. Acetaminophen may cause false (+) urinary 5-hydroxyindoleacetic acid test.
Bradycardia, circulatory collapse, CNS/respiratory depression, GI upset, abdominal pain, constipation, urinary retention, rash, abuse potential; hepatotoxicity (overdosage).
- 10mg/325mg/15ml oral solutions (Qty:473)
- appx. price $155.00
- Can Wearables for Babies Help Prevent SIDS?
- Most Excessive Drinkers Don't Meet Alcohol Dependence Criteria
- Carcinogen from Hookah Smoke Harmful, Even in Secondhand Exposure
- Refined vs. Extra Virgin Olive Oil: Is One Better for Cardiovascular Health?
- Digoxin and Incident A-Fib: New Results on Mortality, Hospitalization Risk