Generic Name and Formulations:
Ziv-aflibercept 25mg/mL; soln for IV infusion after dilution; preservative-free.
Regeneron and Sanofi Aventis
Indications for ZALTRAP:
In combination with 5-fluorouracil, leucovorin, irinotecan (FOLFIRI) for patients with metastatic colorectal cancer (mCRC) that is resistant to or has progressed following an oxaliplatin-containing regimen.
Start ziv-aflibercept prior to any component of the FOLFIRI regimen on treatment day. Give 4mg/kg as an IV infusion over 1hr every 2 weeks; continue until disease progression or unacceptable toxicity. For recurrent or severe hypertension, suspend until controlled. Upon resumption, permanently reduce to 2mg/kg. For recurrent proteinuria, suspend until proteinuria <2g per 24hrs, then permanently reduce to 2mg/kg.
Increased risk of hemorrhage; monitor for signs/symptoms. Do not start in patients with severe hemorrhage; discontinue if develops. Monitor for GI perforation, fistula formation, compromised wound healing; discontinue if occurs. Suspend therapy at least 4 weeks prior to elective surgery; do not resume for at least 4 weeks following major surgery and until wound is fully healed. Monitor BP every 2 weeks and treat appropriately if hypertension occurs; temporarily suspend until controlled; discontinue if hypertensive crisis/encephalopathy occurs. Discontinue if arterial thromboembolic events (eg, transient ischemic attack, cerebrovascular accident, angina pectoris) occur. Monitor for proteinuria; suspend if proteinuria ≥2g per 24hrs; discontinue if nephrotic syndrome or thrombotic microangiopathy occurs. Monitor CBC with differential at baseline and prior to start of each cycle; delay until neutrophils ≥1.5x109/L. Risk of severe diarrhea and dehydration esp. in elderly (monitor). Discontinue if reversible posterior leukoencephalopathy syndrome occurs. Pregnancy (Cat. C). Use effective contraception during and up to 3 months after the last dose. Nursing mothers: not recommended.
Leukopenia, diarrhea, neutropenia, proteinuria, AST/ALT increased, stomatitis, fatigue, thrombocytopenia, hypertension, weight decreased, decreased appetite, epistaxis, abdominal pain, dysphonia, serum creatinine increased, headache.
Single-use vials (100mg/4mL)—1, 3; (200mg/8mL)—1
- 4ml of 100mg/4ml vials (Qty:2)
- appx. price $3407.00
- Recall of Two IV Antibiotics Announced
- Five Things ID Experts Want You to Know Before You Prescribe an Antibiotic
- What's Changed in Immunization Recommendations From CDC Advisory Committee
- IUD Approval Gives Women New Long-Acting Birth Control Option
- Vitamin D: Greater Risk Factor for Diabetes Than Weight?
- Number of Docs, Retail Clinics Affect Antibiotic Prescribing Rate
- More Evidence Points to the Power of Nuts in Reducing CVD Mortality
- Overactive Bladder Drug May be Beneficial in MS
- FDA to Review Investigational Parkinson's Disease Drug Xadago
- How Prevalent is Antipsychotic Prescribing in Seniors with Dementia?