Generic Name and Formulations:
Enzalutamide 40mg; soft gelatin caps.
Astellas Pharma US, Inc.
Indications for XTANDI:
Treatment of metastatic castration-resistant prostate cancer.
Swallow whole. 160mg once daily. Dose modifications: ≥Grade 3 toxicity or intolerable side effect: withhold dosing for 1 week or until symptoms improve to ≤Grade 2, then resume at same or reduced dose (120mg or 80mg), if warranted. Concomitant strong CYP2C8 inhibitors: avoid if possible. If co-administration necessary, reduce enzalutamide dose to 80mg once daily; if inhibitor is discontinued, return enzalutamide dose to the dose used prior to initiation of inhibitor.
Risk of seizure; permanently discontinue if develops during treatment. Severe renal or hepatic impairment. Nursing mothers: not recommended.
Avoid concomitant strong CYP2C8 inhibitors (eg, gemfibrozil) if possible; reduce enzalutamide dose if cannot be avoided. Avoid concomitant CYP2C8 inducers (eg, rifampin), CYP3A4 inducers (eg, carbamazepine, phenobarbital, phenytoin, rifabutin, rifampin, rifapentine, bosentan, efavirenz, etravirine, modafinil, nafcillin), and St. John’s Wort if possible. Potentiated by CYP3A4 inhibitors (itraconazole). Antagonizes midazolam (CYP3A4 substrate), warfarin (CYP2C9 substrate), and omeprazole (CYP2C19 substrate). Avoid concomitant drugs with narrow therapeutic indexes metabolized by CYP3A4 (eg, alfentanil, cyclosporine, dihydroergotamine, ergotamine, fentanyl, pimozide, quinidine, sirolimus, tacrolimus), CYP2C9 (eg, phenytoin, warfarin), CYP2C19 (eg, S-mephenytoin); enzalutamide may decrease their exposure. Caution with concomitant drugs that may lower the seizure threshold. Conduct more INR monitoring if concomitant warfarin cannot be avoided.
Androgen receptor inhibitor.
Asthenia/fatigue, back pain, decreased appetite, constipation, arthralgia, diarrhea, hot flush, upper respiratory tract infection, peripheral edema, dyspnea, musculoskeletal pain, weight decreased, headache, hypertension, dizziness/vertigo.
Hepatic (CYP2C8, 3A4); 98% protein bound.
- 40mg capsules (Qty:120)
- appx. price $9034.00
- NSAIDs Linked to Long-Term Colon Cancer Risk Reduction
- Clinical Suspicion Leads to Uncommon Diagnosis in Patient With High Fever
- What a New Study Says About Omega-3s and Brain Health
- Too Much of This Mineral May Lead to Increased Appetite, Overeating
- New Insight into Antibiotics-Type 2 Diabetes Link
- Can Education Boost Adherence to Apixaban? New Data Presented
- Sensus Wearable Device for RLS: Pilot Study Data Announced
- Ezetimibe Add-On Tx Shows CV Benefits in Patients With Diabetes, ACS
- First State Adds Locking Devices to Rx Bottles for Deter Abuse, Misuse
- Osteonecrosis of Jaw Risk Highest for Two Bisphosphonates