Generic Name and Formulations:
Vilazodone HCl 10mg, 20mg, 40mg; tabs.
Indications for VIIBRYD:
Major depressive disorder.
Take with food. Initially 10mg once daily for 7 days, then 20mg once daily for 7 days, then increase to 40mg once daily. Concomitant strong CYP3A4 inhibitors (eg, ketoconazole) or moderate CYP3A4 inhibitors (eg, erythromycin) with intolerable adverse events: reduce to 20mg once daily. Concomitant strong CYP3A4 inducers (eg, carbamazepine) for >14 days: consider increasing dose up to 2-fold; max 80mg daily. Readjust to original level when CYP3A4 inhibitors or inducers (in 14 days) are discontinued. Reevaluate periodically.
Selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor + 5-HT1A receptor partial agonist.
Concomitant MAOIs within 14 days of discontinuing vilazodone. Within 14 days of discontinuing MAOIs. Concomitant linezolid or IV methylene blue.
Increased risk of suicidal thinking or behavior; monitor for clinical worsening or unusual changes. Not for treating bipolar disorder. Monitor for serotonin syndrome; discontinue if occurs. Mania/hypomania. Seizure disorder. Avoid abrupt cessation. Labor & delivery. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers.
See Contraindications. Avoid alcohol. Increased risk of serotonin syndrome with other serotonergic drugs (eg, triptans, tricyclic antidepressants, fentanyl, lithium, tramadol, tryptophan, buspirone, St. John's Wort) or with drugs that impair serotonin metabolism (eg, MAOIs, linezolid, IV methylene blue). Increased risk of bleeding with concomitant aspirin, NSAIDs, warfarin (monitor), other anticoagulants. Potentiated by moderate to strong CYP3A4 inhibitors. Antagonized by CYP3A4 inducers. Caution with other highly protein bound drugs, CNS-active agents.
Diarrhea, nausea, vomiting, insomnia; hyponatremia/SIADH (esp. in elderly), serotonin syndrome, seizures, abnormal bleeding.
Tabs—30; Patient Starter Kit (7x10mg tabs, 7x20mg tabs, 16x40mg tabs)—30
- 40mg tablets (Qty:30)
- appx. price $203.00
- Recall of Two IV Antibiotics Announced
- Peanut Allergy Patch Shows Promise in Latest Study
- Five Things ID Experts Want You to Know Before You Prescribe an Antibiotic
- What's Changed in Immunization Recommendations From CDC Advisory Committee
- IUD Approval Gives Women New Long-Acting Birth Control Option
- Limit Daily Use of Headphones, Warns WHO
- Sleep Deprivation Could Derail Healthy Eating Habits
- Not Enough COPD Patients Receiving Maintenance Tx, Research Suggests
- Harvoni for HCV Genotype 4, HIV Co-Infection Assessed in New Research
- Combo Therapy for HCV, HIV Co-Infection: New Data on Sustained Virologic Response