TYLENOL w. CODEINE #3 CIII
Generic Name and Formulations:
Codeine phosphate 30mg, acetaminophen 300mg; tabs; contains sulfites.
Janssen Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
Indications for TYLENOL w. CODEINE #3:
Mild to moderately severe pain.
#3: 1–2 tabs every 4 hours. #4: 1 tab every 4 hours.
Opioid + analgesic.
Post-op pain management in children who have undergone tonsillectomy and/or adenoidectomy.
Risk of respiratory depression and death related to ultra-rapid metabolizers of codeine (esp. in children in post-op tonsillectomy and/or adenoidectomy). Hepatotoxicity (w. acetaminophen >4g/day). Obstructive sleep apnea. Head injury. Increased intracranial pressure. Acute abdomen. Impaired renal, hepatic, thyroid, or adrenocortical function. GI or GU obstruction. Addison's disease. Asthma. Drug abusers. Sulfite sensitivity. Elderly. Debilitated. Labor and delivery. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers.
Potentiation with alcohol, general anesthetics, tranquilizers (eg, chlordiazepoxide, sedative-hypnotics), other CNS depressants, MAOIs, tricyclic antidepressants, anticholinergics.
Drowsiness, lightheadedness, dizziness, sedation, shortness of breath, nausea, vomiting, constipation, urinary retention, rash; overdosage: respiratory depression, hepatotoxicity.
#3—100, 1000; #4—100, 500
- Recall of Two IV Antibiotics Announced
- Five Things ID Experts Want You to Know Before You Prescribe an Antibiotic
- Peanut Allergy Patch Shows Promise in Latest Study
- What's Changed in Immunization Recommendations From CDC Advisory Committee
- IUD Approval Gives Women New Long-Acting Birth Control Option
- Limit Daily Use of Headphones, Warns WHO
- Sleep Deprivation Could Derail Healthy Eating Habits
- Not Enough COPD Patients Receiving Maintenance Tx, Research Suggests
- Harvoni for HCV Genotype 4, HIV Co-Infection Assessed in New Research
- Combo Therapy for HCV, HIV Co-Infection: New Data on Sustained Virologic Response