TYLENOL w. CODEINE #3 CIII
Generic Name and Formulations:
Codeine phosphate 30mg, acetaminophen 300mg; tabs; contains sulfites.
Janssen Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
Indications for TYLENOL w. CODEINE #3:
Mild to moderately severe pain.
#3: 1–2 tabs every 4 hours. #4: 1 tab every 4 hours.
Opioid + analgesic.
Post-op pain management in children who have undergone tonsillectomy and/or adenoidectomy.
Risk of respiratory depression and death related to ultra-rapid metabolizers of codeine (esp. in children in post-op tonsillectomy and/or adenoidectomy). Hepatotoxicity (w. acetaminophen >4g/day). Obstructive sleep apnea. Head injury. Increased intracranial pressure. Acute abdomen. Impaired renal, hepatic, thyroid, or adrenocortical function. GI or GU obstruction. Addison's disease. Asthma. Drug abusers. Sulfite sensitivity. Elderly. Debilitated. Labor and delivery. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers.
Potentiation with alcohol, general anesthetics, tranquilizers (eg, chlordiazepoxide, sedative-hypnotics), other CNS depressants, MAOIs, tricyclic antidepressants, anticholinergics.
Drowsiness, lightheadedness, dizziness, sedation, shortness of breath, nausea, vomiting, constipation, urinary retention, rash; overdosage: respiratory depression, hepatotoxicity.
#3—100, 1000; #4—100, 500
- Certain Food Combos Prevent Weight Gain, While Others Promote It
- The Consequences of Ignoring the Complete Medication List
- The Vitamin D Debate: Conundrums and Complexities
- Maple Syrup Boosts Antibiotic Effects in Proof-of-Concept Research
- New AHA/ACA/ASH Hypertension Guidelines: Lead Author Discusses Treatments and Controversies