Generic Name and Formulations:
Telmisartan, amlodipine; 40mg/5mg, 40mg/10mg, 80mg/5mg, 80mg/10mg; tabs.
Boehringer Ingelheim Pharmaceuticals
Indications for TWYNSTA:
Hypertension, as monotherapy or with other antihypertensives. As initial therapy in patients likely to need multiple drugs to achieve blood pressure goals.
Take once daily. Initial therapy: 40/5mg or 80/5mg; may titrate at 2-week intervals to max 80/10mg. Add-on therapy: may be used if not controlled on monotherapy; if dose-limiting adverse reactions with amlodipine 10mg, switch to 40/5mg tab. Replacement therapy: may be substituted for the titrated components. Renal and/or hepatic impairment: titrate slower. ≥75yrs, or hepatic impairment: not for initial use (initially use amlodipine alone, or add amlodipine 2.5mg to telmisartan).
Angiotensin II receptor blocker + calcium channel blocker.
Concomitant aliskiren in patients with diabetes.
Fetal toxicity may develop; discontinue if pregnancy is detected. Correct hypovolemia before starting therapy or monitor closely. CHF. Severe aortic stenosis. Biliary obstruction. Hepatic or severe renal dysfunction. Renal artery stenosis. Severe obstructive coronary disease. Neonates. Pregnancy (Cat.D); avoid. Nursing mothers: not recommended.
See Contraindications. Concomitant ramipril: not recommended. Dual inhibition of the renin-angiotensin system with ARBs, ACEIs, or aliskiren may increase risk of hypotension, hyperkalemia, renal function changes; monitor closely. Concomitant aliskiren in renal impairment (CrCl <60mL/min): not recommended. May be antagonized by, and renal toxicity potentiated by NSAIDs (including COX-2 inhibitors): monitor renal function in elderly and/or volume-depleted. Hyperkalemia with K+ supplements, K+ sparing diuretics, K+ containing salt supplements. May potentiate digoxin, lithium. Concomitant simvastatin: max simvastatin dose 20mg/day.
Peripheral edema, dizziness, orthostatic hypotension, back pain.
- 40mg/10mg tablets (Qty:30)
- appx. price $187.00
- Recall of Two IV Antibiotics Announced
- Peanut Allergy Patch Shows Promise in Latest Study
- Five Things ID Experts Want You to Know Before You Prescribe an Antibiotic
- What's Changed in Immunization Recommendations From CDC Advisory Committee
- IUD Approval Gives Women New Long-Acting Birth Control Option
- Limit Daily Use of Headphones, Warns WHO
- Sleep Deprivation Could Derail Healthy Eating Habits
- Not Enough COPD Patients Receiving Maintenance Tx, Research Suggests
- Harvoni for HCV Genotype 4, HIV Co-Infection Assessed in New Research
- Combo Therapy for HCV, HIV Co-Infection: New Data on Sustained Virologic Response