TUSSICAPS 10mg/8mg CII
Generic Name and Formulations:
Hydrocodone bitartrate 10mg, chlorpheniramine maleate 8mg; as polistirex; ext–rel caps; contains alcohol.
Indications for TUSSICAPS 10mg/8mg:
Cough and upper respiratory symptoms.
1 cap (10mg/8mg) every 12hrs; max 2caps/24hrs.
<6yrs: see Contraindications. 6–11yrs: 1 cap (5mg/4mg) every 12hrs; max 2caps/24hrs.
Children <6yrs of age (risk of fatal respiratory depression).
Respiratory depression. Post–op. Pulmonary disease. Head injury. Increased intracranial pressure. Glaucoma. Asthma. GI or GU obstruction. Acute abdomen. Severe hepatic or renal impairment. Hypothyroidism. Addison's disease. Elderly. Debilitated. Labor & delivery. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers: not recommended.
Additive CNS depression with alcohol, other CNS depressants, tricyclic antidepressants, MAOIs. Paralytic ileus with concurrent anticholinergics.
Antitussive + antihistamine.
Nausea, vomiting, CNS and respiratory depression, ureteral and vesical sphincter spasm, chest tightness, abuse potential, anticholinergic effects, rash, pruritis.
- New CDC Recommendations for Influenza Vaccination: 2015-2016
- Even a Little Rudeness Can Disrupt Clinical Practice
- First Reported Case of Myopericarditis With Common BP Med
- Many Pregnant Women Lacking in Element Linked to Cognition in Offspring
- Severe, Persistent Joint Pain Warning Issued for Diabetes Drug Class