Generic Name and Formulations:
Pentoxifylline 400mg; sust rel tabs.
Indications for TRENTAL:
400mg three times daily with meals. Continue for at least 8 wks. Digestive or CNS effects: lower dosage to 400mg twice daily; discontinue if side effects persist.
Hemorrheologic agent (xanthine).
Recent cerebral or retinal hemorrhage. Methylxanthines intolerance (eg, caffeine, theophylline, theobromine).
Discontinue if anaphylactic/anaphylactoid reaction occurs. Monitor for bleeding including hematocrit, hemoglobin in patients with hemorrhagic risk factors (eg, recent surgery, peptic ulcer, cerebral and/or retinal bleeding). Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers: not recommended.
See Contraindications. May potentiate antihypertensives; monitor BP. Concomitant theophylline-containing drugs; monitor closely and adjust dose. Concomitant warfarin; monitor PT frequently.
GI upset, nausea, dyspepsia, headache, dizziness, insomnia, blurred vision.
Renal (primarily), fecal.
- 400mg tablets (Qty:90)
- appx. price $127.00
- Recall of Two IV Antibiotics Announced
- Peanut Allergy Patch Shows Promise in Latest Study
- Five Things ID Experts Want You to Know Before You Prescribe an Antibiotic
- What's Changed in Immunization Recommendations From CDC Advisory Committee
- Why Food Additives May Increase Risk of Inflammatory Diseases
- Limit Daily Use of Headphones, Warns WHO
- Sleep Deprivation Could Derail Healthy Eating Habits
- Not Enough COPD Patients Receiving Maintenance Tx, Research Suggests
- Harvoni for HCV Genotype 4, HIV Co-Infection Assessed in New Research
- Combo Therapy for HCV, HIV Co-Infection: New Data on Sustained Virologic Response