Generic Name and Formulations:
Pentoxifylline 400mg; sust rel tabs.
Indications for TRENTAL:
400mg three times daily with meals. Continue for at least 8 wks. Digestive or CNS effects: lower dosage to 400mg twice daily; discontinue if side effects persist.
Hemorrheologic agent (xanthine).
Recent cerebral or retinal hemorrhage. Methylxanthines intolerance (eg, caffeine, theophylline, theobromine).
Discontinue if anaphylactic/anaphylactoid reaction occurs. Monitor for bleeding including hematocrit, hemoglobin in patients with hemorrhagic risk factors (eg, recent surgery, peptic ulcer, cerebral and/or retinal bleeding). Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers: not recommended.
See Contraindications. May potentiate antihypertensives; monitor BP. Concomitant theophylline-containing drugs; monitor closely and adjust dose. Concomitant warfarin; monitor PT frequently.
GI upset, nausea, dyspepsia, headache, dizziness, insomnia, blurred vision.
Renal (primarily), fecal.
- 400mg tablets (Qty:90)
- appx. price $127.00
- Long-Term Effects of Antivirals in Patients with HBV-Related Cirrhosis
- For Idiopathic Pericarditis, Is Standard Therapy Still the Best?
- How Effective Is Drug Therapy in Treating Anxiety and Comorbid Alcohol Use Disorders?
- Remission in Crohn's: Most Effective Tx ID'ed in Meta-Analysis
- Many Seniors Not Reporting Falls to Physician