Generic Name and Formulations:
Pentoxifylline 400mg; sust rel tabs.
Indications for TRENTAL:
400mg three times daily with meals. Continue for at least 8 wks. Digestive or CNS effects: lower dosage to 400mg twice daily; discontinue if side effects persist.
Hemorrheologic agent (xanthine).
Recent cerebral or retinal hemorrhage. Methylxanthines intolerance (eg, caffeine, theophylline, theobromine).
Discontinue if anaphylactic/anaphylactoid reaction occurs. Monitor for bleeding including hematocrit, hemoglobin in patients with hemorrhagic risk factors (eg, recent surgery, peptic ulcer, cerebral and/or retinal bleeding). Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers: not recommended.
See Contraindications. May potentiate antihypertensives; monitor BP. Concomitant theophylline-containing drugs; monitor closely and adjust dose. Concomitant warfarin; monitor PT frequently.
GI upset, nausea, dyspepsia, headache, dizziness, insomnia, blurred vision.
Renal (primarily), fecal.
- 400mg tablets (Qty:90)
- appx. price $126.00
- Certain Food Combos Prevent Weight Gain, While Others Promote It
- The Vitamin D Debate: Conundrums and Complexities
- Maple Syrup Boosts Antibiotic Effects in Proof-of-Concept Research
- New AHA/ACA/ASH Hypertension Guidelines: Lead Author Discusses Treatments and Controversies
- Is an Ancient Potion the Next Antibiotic for MRSA?
- The Consequences of Ignoring the Complete Medication List
- Comparing Qudexy XR Administration Methods and Bioequivalence
- New Data on Long-Term Safety, Efficacy of Plegridy for MS
- Too Much of a Good Thing With Dietary Supplements May Up Health Risks
- New Guideline for Treating Patients After Their First Seizure