Generic Name and Formulations:
Labetalol HCl 100mg, 200mg; scored tabs.
Prometheus Labs, Inc.
Indications for TRANDATE:
Adult Dose for TRANDATE:
Initially 100mg twice a day. Titrate at 2–3 day intervals in increments of 100mg twice daily. Usual maintenance: 200–400mg twice daily; max 2.4g/day.
Children's Dose for TRANDATE:
Usual maintenance: 100–200mg twice daily.
Noncardioselective beta-blocker/alpha-1 blocker.
Asthma. 2nd- or 3rd-degree AV block. Overt cardiac failure. Cardiogenic shock. Severe bradycardia, other conditions associated with prolonged or severe hypotension.
Ischemic heart disease or failure. Monitor hepatic function; discontinue at first sign of liver injury. COPD. Pheochromocytoma. Diabetes. Surgery. Avoid abrupt cessation. Elderly. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers.
Caution with verapamil. Potentiates hypotension with nitroglycerin. May block epinephrine, β-agonist bronchodilators. Adjust antidiabetic medication. Potentiated by cimetidine. Tremor with tricyclic antidepressants. Halothane.
Dizziness, GI upset, fatigue, nasal stuffiness, ejaculation failure, headache, dyspnea, vertigo, rash, orthostatic hypotension, edema, heart failure, bronchospasm, jaundice.
- 200mg tablets (Qty:30)
- appx. price $40.00
- Mislabeling Leads to Recall of Highly Concentrated Potassium Chloride
- Interventions to Improve Med Adherence Vary in Effectiveness
- MRI Can Be Painful, Disruptive with Cochlear Implants
- U.S. Proposes Greater Public Access to Clinical Trial Data
- "Exercise-Resistant" Genes May Prevent Glucose Control in Some T2DM