Generic Name and Formulations:
Labetalol HCl 100mg, 200mg; scored tabs.
Prometheus Labs, Inc.
Indications for TRANDATE:
Initially 100mg twice a day. Titrate at 2–3 day intervals in increments of 100mg twice daily. Usual maintenance: 200–400mg twice daily; max 2.4g/day.
Usual maintenance: 100–200mg twice daily.
Noncardioselective beta-blocker/alpha-1 blocker.
Asthma. 2nd- or 3rd-degree AV block. Overt cardiac failure. Cardiogenic shock. Severe bradycardia, other conditions associated with prolonged or severe hypotension.
Ischemic heart disease or failure. Monitor hepatic function; discontinue at first sign of liver injury. COPD. Pheochromocytoma. Diabetes. Surgery. Avoid abrupt cessation. Elderly. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers.
Caution with verapamil. Potentiates hypotension with nitroglycerin. May block epinephrine, β-agonist bronchodilators. Adjust antidiabetic medication. Potentiated by cimetidine. Tremor with tricyclic antidepressants. Halothane.
Dizziness, GI upset, fatigue, nasal stuffiness, ejaculation failure, headache, dyspnea, vertigo, rash, orthostatic hypotension, edema, heart failure, bronchospasm, jaundice.
- 100mg tablets (Qty:30)
- appx. price $24.00
- Paleo Diet: Should It Stay in the Stone Age?
- Risks and Recommendations: The Use of NSAIDs in Patients With Cardiovascular Disease
- Neurological Complications Caused by "Skinny Jeans"
- Popular Restaurant Meals That Pack a Caloric Punch
- What's the Secret to Longevity? Lessons from "Blue Zones" Worldwide