THERAFLU DAYTIME SEVERE COLD & COUGH HOT LIQUID OTC
Generic Name and Formulations:
Acetaminophen 650mg, dextromethorphan HBr 20mg, phenylephrine HCl 10mg; pwd packets; berry infused with menthol and green tea flavors; contains potassium 10mg, sodium 20mg, phenylalanine 14mg per packet.
Novartis Consumer Health
Indications for THERAFLU DAYTIME SEVERE COLD & COUGH HOT LIQUID:
Nasal and sinus congestion, cough, sore throat, fever, headache, minor aches and pains.
Dissolve contents of 1 packet into 8oz hot water; sip while hot. Consume entire drink within 10–15mins. Take every 4 hours; max 6 packets/24hrs.
During or within 14 days of MAOIs. Concomitant other acetaminophen products.
Hepatic dysfunction. Cardiovascular disease. Hypertension. Thyroid disease. Diabetes. GI or GU obstruction. Asthma. Lower respiratory disorders. Discontinue if symptoms worsen or persist after 2–7 days. Pregnancy. Nursing mothers.
See Contraindications. Hypertensive crisis with MAOIs. Increased risk of hepatotoxicity with ≥3 alcoholic drinks/day; avoid. β-blockers may increase the pressor effects of sympathomimetics. Antihypertensives antagonized.
Analgesic + antitussive + sympathomimetic.
Nervousness, dizziness, insomnia, hepatotoxicity (overdosage).
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
- 2016 Recommended Immunization Schedule for Adults: What's Changed?
- 2016 Childhood and Adolescent Immunization Schedule Released
- First Sexually-Transmitted Zika Virus Case Confirmed in Texas
- Spiriva Respimat Gains Indication and New Dosage Strength
- To Rx or Not to Rx: Interventions to Improve Antibiotic Prescribing for Uncomplicated Acute RTI
- CDC Guidelines on Preventing Sexual Transmission of Zika Virus Issued
- CDC Updates Interim Zika Virus Guidelines for Pregnant Women and Women of Reproductive Age
- Daklinza Use Expanded to Cover Treatment in More HCV Patients
- Researchers Call for an Alternative Tdap Immunization Strategy for Adolescents
- FDA Announces Large Action Plan in Effort to Reverse the Opioid Epidemic