Generic Name and Formulations:
Ceftaroline fosamil 400mg, 600mg; per vial; pwd for IV infusion after reconstitution.
Indications for TEFLARO:
Susceptible bacterial community-acquired pneumonia and acute skin and skin structure infections.
≥18yrs: Give by IV infusion over 5–60mins. Treat skin and skin structure for 5–14 days; treat pneumonia for 5–7days. CrCl >50mL/min: 600mg every 12hrs. Renal impairment (CrCl >30–≤50mL/min): 400mg every 12hrs; (CrCl ≥15–≤30mL/min): 300mg every 12hrs; ESRD (including hemodialysis): 200mg every 12hrs (dose after dialysis on dialysis days).
<18yrs: not recommended.
Penicillin or other allergy. GI disease (esp. colitis). Pregnancy (Cat.B). Nursing mothers.
GI upset, rash, (+) Coombs test (evaluate for hemolytic anemia if occurs), pseudomembranous colitis, superinfection.
- 600mg vials (Qty:11)
- appx. price $1672.00
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
- 2016 Recommended Immunization Schedule for Adults: What's Changed?
- 2016 Childhood and Adolescent Immunization Schedule Released
- Spiriva Respimat Gains Indication and New Dosage Strength
- First Sexually-Transmitted Zika Virus Case Confirmed in Texas
- To Rx or Not to Rx: Interventions to Improve Antibiotic Prescribing for Uncomplicated Acute RTI
- New Study Proposes Strategies for Pain Control After Total Knee Replacement
- CDC: Novel Lyme Disease Pathogen Discovered
- FDA to Review Rexulti as Maintenance Therapy for Schizophrenia
- Case Illustrates Impact of Dabigatran-Phenytoin Interaction
- Real-World Data on Retreating HCV Patients With NS5A Inhibitor Failure