Generic Name and Formulations:
Methimazole 5mg, 10mg; scored tabs.
Indications for TAPAZOLE:
Initially 15–60mg daily in 3 divided doses, depending on severity of disease. Maintenance: 5–15mg daily.
Initially 0.4mg/kg daily in 3 divided doses. Maintenance: ½ initial dose.
Discontinue if agranulocytosis, aplastic anemia, exfoliate dermatitis, hepatitis, or elevated liver transaminases (3xULN) occurs. Monitor prothrombin time, WBC, bone marrow function. Pregnancy (Cat.D).
Rash, GI disturbances, arthralgia, paresthesia, hair and taste loss, agranulocytosis, blood dyscrasias, aplastic anemia, hepatic dysfunction, drug fever, lupus-like syndrome, insulin autoimmune syndrome, periarteritis; nephritis (rare).
- 5mg tablets (Qty:30)
- appx. price $48.00
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
- Antidepressant May Possibly Protect Against Dementia, Says New Study
- Study: Trulicity Effective as Add-on to Sulfonylurea
- Physician Burnout Up 10% Over Past 3 Years
- New Antivirals, Enhanced Screening Could Eliminate HCV in the U.S., Say Researchers
- Law 101: Emergency Medical Treatment and Active Labor Act (EMTALA)