Generic Name and Formulations:
Methimazole 5mg, 10mg; scored tabs.
Indications for TAPAZOLE:
Initially 15–60mg daily in 3 divided doses, depending on severity of disease. Maintenance: 5–15mg daily.
Initially 0.4mg/kg daily in 3 divided doses. Maintenance: ½ initial dose.
Discontinue if agranulocytosis, aplastic anemia, exfoliate dermatitis, hepatitis, or elevated liver transaminases (3xULN) occurs. Monitor prothrombin time, WBC, bone marrow function. Pregnancy (Cat.D).
Rash, GI disturbances, arthralgia, paresthesia, hair and taste loss, agranulocytosis, blood dyscrasias, aplastic anemia, hepatic dysfunction, drug fever, lupus-like syndrome, insulin autoimmune syndrome, periarteritis; nephritis (rare).
- 5mg tablets (Qty:30)
- appx. price $46.00
- Risks and Recommendations: The Use of NSAIDs in Patients With Cardiovascular Disease
- Paleo Diet: Should It Stay in the Stone Age?
- Neurological Complications Caused by "Skinny Jeans"
- What's the Secret to Longevity? Lessons from "Blue Zones" Worldwide
- Popular Restaurant Meals That Pack a Caloric Punch