Generic Name and Formulations:
Methimazole 5mg, 10mg; scored tabs.
Indications for TAPAZOLE:
Initially 15–60mg daily in 3 divided doses, depending on severity of disease. Maintenance: 5–15mg daily.
Initially 0.4mg/kg daily in 3 divided doses. Maintenance: ½ initial dose.
Discontinue if agranulocytosis, aplastic anemia, exfoliate dermatitis, hepatitis, or elevated liver transaminases (3xULN) occurs. Monitor prothrombin time, WBC, bone marrow function. Pregnancy (Cat.D).
Rash, GI disturbances, arthralgia, paresthesia, hair and taste loss, agranulocytosis, blood dyscrasias, aplastic anemia, hepatic dysfunction, drug fever, lupus-like syndrome, insulin autoimmune syndrome, periarteritis; nephritis (rare).
- 5mg tablets (Qty:30)
- appx. price $48.00
- The Vitamin D Debate: Conundrums and Complexities, Part 2
- Nasal Allergy Spray Currently Unavailable
- A Rare Case of Ketoacidosis in a Non-Diabetic Patient: What's the Cause?
- Drug Used to Reduce Mortality After MI Discontinued, Generic in Shortage
- CDC Warns of Drug-Resistant 'Superbug' in Multiple U.S. Cities
- Probiotic Intervention May Reduce CDI Rates in Antibiotic Recipients
- Renal Status Not a Factor for Tedizolid, Linezolid Efficacy in ABSSSI
- Inappropriate Empirical Antimicrobial Tx May Lengthen Hospitalization
- Are C. diff Cure Rates Better With High Dose Vancomycin?
- Opioid Use Ups Hospitalization Risk for Serious Infection in Older Adults