Generic Name and Formulations:
Methimazole 5mg, 10mg; scored tabs.
Indications for TAPAZOLE:
Initially 15–60mg daily in 3 divided doses, depending on severity of disease. Maintenance: 5–15mg daily.
Initially 0.4mg/kg daily in 3 divided doses. Maintenance: ½ initial dose.
Discontinue if agranulocytosis, aplastic anemia, exfoliate dermatitis, hepatitis, or elevated liver transaminases (3xULN) occurs. Monitor prothrombin time, WBC, bone marrow function. Pregnancy (Cat.D).
Rash, GI disturbances, arthralgia, paresthesia, hair and taste loss, agranulocytosis, blood dyscrasias, aplastic anemia, hepatic dysfunction, drug fever, lupus-like syndrome, insulin autoimmune syndrome, periarteritis; nephritis (rare).
- 10mg tablets (Qty:60)
- appx. price $138.00
- McDonald's and the Microbiome: What Effect Does Junk Food Have on Gut Bacteria?
- When the Doctor is Depressed: One Clinician Tells His Story
- Spice + Statin Likely Culprit in Patient with Acute Hepatitis
- First Non-Surgical Tx for "Double Chin" Gains FDA Approval
- Flu Vaccine Recalled Due to Sub-Potency
- Heart Rate May Be an Indicator of Future Diabetes Risk
- Probiotic Mixture VSL#3 Shows Promise for Crohn's Recurrence
- Study: Beloranib Appears Safe, Efficacious for Weight Loss in Obesity
- Progress Toward Mind-Controlled Robotic Limbs
- Response to Resistance Exercise Depends on a Person's Genetic Risk for Obesity