Generic Name and Formulations:
Pseudoephedrine HCl 30mg; tabs.
McNeil Consumer Healthcare
Indications for SUDAFED:
60mg every 4–6 hrs; max 4 doses/24hrs.
<6yrs: use other forms. 6–11yrs: 30mg every 4–6 hrs; max 4 doses/24hrs.
During or within 14 days of MAOIs.
Hypertension. Cardiovascular disease. Diabetes. Thyroid disease. GI or GU obstruction.
Hypertensive crisis with MAOIs. β-blockers increase pressor effects of sympathomimetics. Antihypertensives antagonized.
Nervousness, dizziness, insomnia.
Tabs—24, 48, 96; 12hr—10, 20; 24hr—5, 10
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
- 2016 Recommended Immunization Schedule for Adults: What's Changed?
- Spiriva Respimat Gains Indication and New Dosage Strength
- CDC: Novel Lyme Disease Pathogen Discovered
- First Sexually-Transmitted Zika Virus Case Confirmed in Texas
- To Rx or Not to Rx: Interventions to Improve Antibiotic Prescribing for Uncomplicated Acute RTI
- New Guideline on Managing Status Epilepticus Released
- There's a Life-Expectancy Gap Between the U.S. and Other High-Income Countries: Here's 3 Reasons Why
- Microbiome-Based Oral Drug Looks Promising for Recurrent C. difficile
- Is Immunotherapy Effective for Elderly Patients with Allergic Rhinitis?
- Botulinum Toxin Type A May Reduce Chronic Spinal Cord Injury-Associated Neuropathic Pain