Generic Name and Formulations:
Cefditoren (as pivoxil) 200mg, 400mg; tabs.
Vansen Pharma Inc.
Indications for SPECTRACEF:
Susceptible mild to moderate acute bacterial exacerbation of chronic bronchitis, community-acquired pneumonia (CAP), pharyngitis/tonsillitis, uncomplicated skin and skin structure infections.
Take with meals. Bronchitis: 400mg twice daily for 10 days. CAP: 400mg twice daily for 14 days. Pharyngitis/tonsillitis, skin and skin structure: 200mg twice daily for 10 days. Renal impairment (CrCl 30–49mL/min): max 200mg twice daily; CrCl <30mL/min: max 200mg once daily; ESRD: not established.
Milk protein allergy (not lactose intolerance). Carnitine deficiency or conditions causing carnitine deficiency.
Penicillin or other allergy. Not for long-term therapy. Decreased muscle mass (risk of carnitine deficiency). Monitor prothrombin time in renal or hepatic impairment or poor nutritional state. Labor & delivery. Pregnancy (Cat.B). Nursing mothers.
Avoid drugs that reduce gastric acidity. Potentiated by probenecid. May cause false (+) glucose test with Clinitest, Fehling's or Benedict's soln, Coomb's test; false (–) with ferricyanide test.
GI upset, headache, transient reduction in plasma carnitine levels; pseudomembranous colitis.
Tabs (200mg)—20-count blister pack; 400mg—2-, 20-, 28-count blister pack
- 28 tablets of 400mg dose packs (Qty:1)
- appx. price $441.00
- McDonald's and the Microbiome: What Effect Does Junk Food Have on Gut Bacteria?
- When the Doctor is Depressed: One Clinician Tells His Story
- Most Distinctive Causes of Death Mapped by U.S. State
- Spice + Statin Likely Culprit in Patient with Acute Hepatitis
- First Non-Surgical Tx for "Double Chin" Gains FDA Approval