Safety Alerts & Recalls
The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has warned against the use of Libigrow XXX Treme, Night Man, Black King Kong, 72HP, Tibet Babao, and Germany Niubian supplements promoted for sexual enhancement.
The FDA has warned consumers to not buy or use the weight loss supplements Oxy ELITE Pro Super Thermogenic, Nine Slim, Seven Slim, and Botanical Slimming (Red) after they were found to contain undeclared drug ingredients.
The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) announced that multi-dose diabetes pen devices intended for single patient use only are now required to add additional label warnings prohibiting the sharing of these injectable medicines.
Heritage Pharmaceuticals announced a voluntary nationwide recall of 10 lots of Colistimethate for Injection 150mg, and three lots of Rifampin for Injection 600mg.
The Federal Trade Commission (FTC) has announced that the agency is actively challenging several marketers of mobile apps promoted to detect symptoms of melanoma (even in its early stages) due to deceptive claims.
Sagent announced its voluntary nationwide recall of two lots of Atracurium Besylate Injection 50mg/5mL single-dose vials and four lots of Atracurium Besylate Injection 100mg/10mL multi-dose vials.
Hospira announced a voluntary recall of Ketorolac Tromethamine Injection due to potential particulate following a customer's report of visible, floating particulate seen in the glass fliptop vials.
Detox Transforms Health and Nutrition announced a voluntary recall of 5 dietary supplements after they were found to contain undeclared drug ingredients.
New York Attorney General Eric T. Schneiderman has requested that four major retailers in New York cease sales of certain store brand herbal supplements after the presence of the labeled substance could not be verified or the supplements were found to contain ingredients not listed on the labels.
The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) is warning consumers to not buy or use Yanhee Slim, a dietary supplement promoted for weight loss.
- Recall of Two IV Antibiotics Announced
- Five Things ID Experts Want You to Know Before You Prescribe an Antibiotic
- What's Changed in Immunization Recommendations From CDC Advisory Committee
- IUD Approval Gives Women New Long-Acting Birth Control Option
- Vitamin D: Greater Risk Factor for Diabetes Than Weight?
- Number of Docs, Retail Clinics Affect Antibiotic Prescribing Rate
- More Evidence Points to the Power of Nuts in Reducing CVD Mortality
- Overactive Bladder Drug May be Beneficial in MS
- FDA to Review Investigational Parkinson's Disease Drug Xadago
- How Prevalent is Antipsychotic Prescribing in Seniors with Dementia?