Safety Alerts & Recalls
AstraZeneca announced a voluntary recall of certain lots of Tudorza Pressair (aclidinium bromide) where the counter ring for some devices is not initially set to "60" in the viewing window.
Fagron, Inc. is voluntarily recalling certain lots of SyrSpend SF and SyrSpend SF Grape suspending agents used in various oral liquid compounded products due to the presence of Candida galli, a type of yeast.
The five most common reasons for Food and Drug Administration (FDA)-issued recalls were contamination, mislabeling, adverse reaction, defective product, and incorrect potency, a new study has found.
The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has warned against the use of Bentonite Me Baby by Alikay Naturals due to a potential lead poisoning risk.
Arkray announced a recall of the SPOTCHEM II Basic PANEL-1 Reagent Test Strip and SPOTCHEM II Glucose Reagent Test Strip due to possible inaccurate blood sugar readings.
Baxter announced a voluntary recall of 4 lots of intravenous (IV) solutions due to the potential for leaking containers and particulate matter.
The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) is warning consumers to not use Licorice Coughing Liquid due to the presence of unidentified morphine.
Perrigo announced a voluntary recall to the retail level of 2 batches of its Children's Guaifenesin Grape Liquid (100mg per 5mL) and 3 batches of its Children's Guaifenesin DM Cherry Liquid (100mg/5mg per 5mL) supplied in 4oz bottles with dosage cups.
Hospira announced a voluntary recall of one lot of Magnesium Sulfate in Water for Injection (0.235mEq Mg/mL) 40mg/mL 2g total, 50mL due to a potentially incorrect barcode.
Baxter announced a voluntary recall of 2 lots of 0.9% Sodium Chloride Injection, 250mL Viaflex Plastic Container and 70% Dextrose Injection, 2000mL, due to potential presence of particulate matter.
- Aggressive Treatment Gone Wrong Lands Clinician in Court
- Over-the-Counter Drug Causes Torsades de Pointes in Patient Seeking 'High'
- 2016 Recommended Immunization Schedule for Adults: What's Changed?
- CDC: Novel Lyme Disease Pathogen Discovered
- CDC Guidelines on Preventing Sexual Transmission of Zika Virus Issued
- Are NSAIDs Really Better Than Placebo for Chronic Low Back Pain?
- Survey Shows Many MDD Patients Still Experience Symptoms At Least Weekly
- COPD Drug Recalled Due to Counter Display Error
- Contaminated Suspending Agents Used for Compounding Recalled
- HIV Study Compares Maraviroc Regimen to Tenofovir/Emtricitabine Regimen