Safety Alerts & Recalls
The five most common reasons for Food and Drug Administration (FDA)-issued recalls were contamination, mislabeling, adverse reaction, defective product, and incorrect potency, a new study has found.
The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has warned against the use of Bentonite Me Baby by Alikay Naturals due to a potential lead poisoning risk.
Arkray announced a recall of the SPOTCHEM II Basic PANEL-1 Reagent Test Strip and SPOTCHEM II Glucose Reagent Test Strip due to possible inaccurate blood sugar readings.
Baxter announced a voluntary recall of 4 lots of intravenous (IV) solutions due to the potential for leaking containers and particulate matter.
The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) is warning consumers to not use Licorice Coughing Liquid due to the presence of unidentified morphine.
Perrigo announced a voluntary recall to the retail level of 2 batches of its Children's Guaifenesin Grape Liquid (100mg per 5mL) and 3 batches of its Children's Guaifenesin DM Cherry Liquid (100mg/5mg per 5mL) supplied in 4oz bottles with dosage cups.
Hospira announced a voluntary recall of one lot of Magnesium Sulfate in Water for Injection (0.235mEq Mg/mL) 40mg/mL 2g total, 50mL due to a potentially incorrect barcode.
Baxter announced a voluntary recall of 2 lots of 0.9% Sodium Chloride Injection, 250mL Viaflex Plastic Container and 70% Dextrose Injection, 2000mL, due to potential presence of particulate matter.
The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) is cautioning that dosing errors for Noxafil (posaconazole) delayed-release tablets and oral suspension have resulted due to differences in dosing regimens between the two formulations.
The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has issued 2 final orders to strengthen the data requirements for surgical mesh to repair pelvic organ prolapse (POP) transvaginally.
- 2016 Recommended Immunization Schedule for Adults: What's Changed?
- 2016 Childhood and Adolescent Immunization Schedule Released
- First Sexually-Transmitted Zika Virus Case Confirmed in Texas
- Spiriva Respimat Gains Indication and New Dosage Strength
- To Rx or Not to Rx: Interventions to Improve Antibiotic Prescribing for Uncomplicated Acute RTI
- CDC Guidelines on Preventing Sexual Transmission of Zika Virus Issued
- CDC Updates Interim Zika Virus Guidelines for Pregnant Women and Women of Reproductive Age
- Daklinza Use Expanded to Cover Treatment in More HCV Patients
- Researchers Call for an Alternative Tdap Immunization Strategy for Adolescents
- FDA Announces Large Action Plan in Effort to Reverse the Opioid Epidemic