Safety Alerts & Recalls
Lopressor (metoprolol tartrate) 1mg/1mL solution for IV injection has been discontinued by Novartis Pharmaceuticals. The decision to discontinue the product is business-related and not based on efficacy or safety findings.
The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has ordered the three manufacturers of duodenoscopes marketed in the United States to conduct postmarket surveillance studies for greater understanding of how the devices are reprocessed in real-world settings.
Merck has issued a letter to healthcare professionals letting them know that Nasonex (mometasone furoate monohydrate) Nasal Spray 50mcg is currently out of stock due to a manufacturing issue.
The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) is advising consumers not to purchase or use two dietary supplements promoted and sold for weight loss due to the presence of undeclared sibutramine.
The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) is recommending that clinicians discuss with their patients the potential for some medicines to cause photosensitivity that can lead to sunburn-like symptoms, a rash, or other unwanted side effects.
Lucy's Weight Loss System announced a voluntary recall of all lots of Pink Bikini and Shorts on the Beach Blue and Gold Edition capsules to the consumer level.
The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) announced that Rebetol (ribavirin; Merck) capsules and PegIntron (peginterferon alfa-2b; Merck) for Injection are being discontinued.
The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) announced that two injectable products by Fresenius Kabi USA have been discontinued.
The FDA is warning healthcare professionals about possible dosing errors with Avycaz (ceftazidime and avibactam; Actavis) injection due to confusion about the drug strength shown on the vial and carton labels.
The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has approved a supplemental New Drug Application (sNDA) for phosphodiesterase 5 (PDE-5) inhibitors regarding a new contraindication with guanylate cyclase stimulators, such as riociguat.
- The Vitamin D Debate: Conundrums and Complexities, Part 2
- Nasal Allergy Spray Currently Unavailable
- A Rare Case of Ketoacidosis in a Non-Diabetic Patient: What's the Cause?
- Drug Used to Reduce Mortality After MI Discontinued, Generic in Shortage
- CDC Warns of Drug-Resistant 'Superbug' in Multiple U.S. Cities
- Inappropriate Empirical Antimicrobial Tx May Lengthen Hospitalization
- Are C. diff Cure Rates Better With High Dose Vancomycin?
- Opioid Use Ups Hospitalization Risk for Serious Infection in Older Adults
- SVR12 Rates Higher in Treatment-Naïve, Noncirrhotic Patients with HCV/HIV
- ATV+c or ATV+r With FTC/TDF: Effective Options for All Patients with HIV?