Mislabeled Dietary Supplements Prompt Recall
NOW Health Group announced a voluntary recall of 6 dietary supplements that were mislabeled due to a printing error by the label supplier.
The 165 units affected by the recall were nationally distributed and sold in retail stores and online. Limited quantities were sold between February 2, 2016 and March 11, 2016.
The specific product lots are:
- NOW Elderberry 500mg 60 VegCaps - Product Code 4667, Lot #1966914 (57 units)
- NOW Andrographis Ext 400 mg 90 VegCaps - Product Code 4591, Lot #1966914 (8 units)
- NOW Gingko Biloba 60mg 120 VegCaps - Product Code 4687, Lot #1969778 (77 units)
- NOW Burdock Root 430mg 100 Caps - Product Code 4608, Lot #1969778 (8 units)
- NOW Goldenseal Root 500mg 100 Caps - Product Code 4692, Lot #1961645 (12 units)
- NOW Cranberry Ext Caps 90 VegCaps - Product Code 4632, Lot #1961645 (3 units)
Moreover, the Goldenseal Root and Cranberry Ext Caps were found to contain undeclared soy allergens. Patients with severe soy sensitivity may be at risk of a serious or life-threatening allergic reaction if they consume these products. Currently, no other health hazards exist regarding the use of the recalled products.
The NOW products are packaged in white plastic bottles with a purple lid. Consumers in possession with the recalled products are to discontinue use immediately and return for a full refund.
For more information call (888) 669-3663 or visit FDA.gov.