REVATIO INJECTION Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Sildenafil 10mg/vial; soln for IV inj.
Indications for REVATIO INJECTION:
Pulmonary arterial hypertension (PAH) (WHO Group I) to improve exercise ability and delay clinical worsening, in patients who are temporarily unable to take oral Revatio.
Limitations Of use:
No beneficial effect on exercise capacity in adding sildenafil to bosentan therapy.
Give by IV bolus inj 2.5mg or 10mg three times daily.
Concomitant organic nitrates, riociguat.
Pulmonary veno-occlusive disease: not recommended. PAH secondary to sickle cell anemia. Underlying conditions that could be affected by vasodilatory effects (eg, concomitant antihypertensive therapy, BP<90/50, fluid depletion, severe left ventricular outflow obstruction, autonomic dysfunction). Risk of non-arteritic anterior ischemic optic neuropathy; monitor for sudden vision loss. Retinitis pigmentosa. Anatomical penile deformation. Predisposition to priapism. Severe hepatic impairment. Active peptic ulcer. Bleeding disorders. Elderly. Pregnancy (Cat.B). Nursing mothers.
See Contraindications. Hypotension with nitrates. Concomitant potent CYP3A4 inhibitors (eg, ketoconazole, itraconazole, ritonavir): not recommended. Potentiated by inhibitors of CY3A4 or CYP2C9. Antagonized by CYP3A4 inducers. Concomitant α-blockers (eg, doxazosin) or amlodipine may cause symptomatic hypotension (monitor BP). Potentiates bleeding risk with Vit. K antagonists. Concomitant Viagra or other PDE5 inhibitors: not recommended.
Phosphodiesterase type 5 inhibitor (cGMP-specific).
Epistaxis, headache, dyspepsia, flushing, insomnia, erythema, dyspnea worsened, rhinitis, sinusitis, myalgia, pyrexia, paresthesia; hypotension, vision or hearing loss, priapism, vaso-occlusive crisis.
Hepatic (CYP3A, CYP2C9).
Fecal (primary), renal.
Tabs (YES); Susp, inj (NO)
Tabs—90; Susp—112mL (w. bottle adapter, oral syringe); Single-use vial—1
- NSAIDs Linked to Long-Term Colon Cancer Risk Reduction
- Clinical Suspicion Leads to Uncommon Diagnosis in Patient With High Fever
- What a New Study Says About Omega-3s and Brain Health
- New CDC Recommendations for Influenza Vaccination: 2015-2016
- Too Much of This Mineral May Lead to Increased Appetite, Overeating
- Rapid Reversal Seen With Idarucizumab in Pradaxa-Treated Patients
- Positive Phase 3 Results for New Cholesterol Tx Presented
- Elotuzumab BLA Given Priority Review for Multiple Myeloma
- Fewer Side Effects Seen With Half-Dose Diuretic Combo vs. Single Diuretic
- Newer Genetic Testing Technologies May Help Autism Dx in Children