Generic Name and Formulations:
Beclomethasone dipropionate 40mcg/inh, 80mcg/inh; metered-dose aerosol with a dose counter; CFC-free.
Indications for QVAR:
Maintenance treatment of asthma as prophylactic therapy. Asthma requiring systemic corticosteroid therapy, to reduce need for systemic corticosteroids.
Previously on bronchodilators alone: initially 40–80mcg twice daily; max 320mcg twice daily. Previously on inhaled corticosteroids: initially 40–160mcg twice daily; max 320mcg twice daily. Rinse mouth after use.
<5yrs: not recommended. 5–11yrs: initially 40mcg twice daily; max 80mcg twice daily. Rinse mouth after use.
Not for treatment of acute attacks.
Maintain regular regimen. Infections. If exposed to chickenpox or measles, consider anti-infective prophylactic therapy. If adrenal insufficiency exists following systemic corticosteroid therapy, replacement with inhaled corticosteroids may exacerbate symptoms of adrenal insufficiency (eg, lassitude). Monitor for growth suppression in children. Monitor for hypercorticism and HPA axis suppression (if occur discontinue gradually). Transferring from systemic corticosteroids: see literature. Elderly. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers: not recommended.
Headache, pharyngitis, rhinitis, pain; rare: hypersensitivity reactions, psychiatric events and behavioral changes (esp in children).
Inhalation aerosol (w. dose counter)—8.7g (120 inh)
- 8.7g of 80mcg inhalers (Qty:1)
- appx. price $199.00
- Nine Factors That Appear to Elevate Alzheimer's Risk
- NSAIDs Linked to Long-Term Colon Cancer Risk Reduction
- Clinical Suspicion Leads to Uncommon Diagnosis in Patient With High Fever
- What a New Study Says About Omega-3s and Brain Health
- Measles and 'Immune Amnesia': Why Vaccination Could Also Prevent Other Diseases
- Can Education Boost Adherence to Apixaban? New Data Presented
- Sensus Wearable Device for RLS: Pilot Study Data Announced
- Ezetimibe Add-On Tx Shows CV Benefits in Patients With Diabetes, ACS
- First State Adds Locking Devices to Rx Bottles for Deter Abuse, Misuse
- Osteonecrosis of Jaw Risk Highest for Two Bisphosphonates