PROAIR HFA Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Albuterol 90mcg/inh; metered-dose aerosol with a dose counter; CFC-free.
Indications for PROAIR HFA:
Adults and Children:
<4yrs: not recommended. ≥4yrs: 2 inh every 4–6 hrs as needed; 1 inh every 4 hrs may suffice. Exercise-induced bronchospasm: 2 inh 15–30 minutes before exercise.
Avoid excessive use. Sensitivity to sympathomimetics. Discontinue if paradoxical bronchospasm or cardiovascular effects occur. Cardiovascular disease (eg, coronary insufficiency, arrhythmias, hypertension). Diabetes. Hyperthyroidism. Seizure disorders. Reevaluate periodically. Elderly. Labor & delivery. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers: not recommended.
Avoid MAOIs, tricyclics within 14 days (increased cardiovascular effects). Oral sympathomimetics: not recommended. Antagonized by β-blockers. Monitor digoxin. Caution with other drugs that may lower serum potassium (eg, diuretics).
Tremor, nervousness, headache, dizziness, excitement, insomnia, weakness, pharyngitis, rhinitis, tachycardia, epistaxis, hypokalemia, local irritation, paradoxical bronchospasm; immediate hypersensitivity reactions (eg, rash, urticaria, angioedema).
Inhalation aerosol (w. dose counter)—8.5g (200 inh)
- Over 50 FDA-Approved Meds Could Treat Ebola Infection
- Pharmacy Employees Arrested, Charged in Meningitis Outbreak
- How Effective Are Neuraminidase Inhibitors in Containing Flu?
- Ondansetron, Tramadol Drug Interaction Identified
- Pain Management in Patients with IBD: Individualizing Treatment Approaches