PROAIR HFA Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Albuterol sulfate 90mcg/inh; metered-dose aerosol with a dose counter; CFC-free.
Indications for PROAIR HFA:
Adults and Children:
<4yrs: not established. ≥4yrs: 2 inh every 4–6hrs; in some patients: 1 inh every 4hrs may suffice. Exercise-induced bronchospasm: 2 inh 15–30 mins before exercise.
Avoid excessive use. Sensitivity to sympathomimetics. Discontinue if paradoxical bronchospasm or cardiovascular effects occur. Cardiovascular disorders (eg, coronary insufficiency, arrhythmias, hypertension). Diabetes. Hyperthyroidism. Seizure disorders. Reevaluate periodically. Elderly. Labor & delivery. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers: not recommended.
During or within 2 weeks of MAOIs or tricyclics (increased cardiovascular effects); consider alternative therapy. Oral sympathomimetics: not recommended. Antagonized by β-blockers. Monitor digoxin. Caution with non-potassium sparing diuretics (eg, loop or thiazide); monitor.
Headache, tachycardia, pain, dizziness, pharyngitis, rhinitis; hypokalemia, paradoxical bronchospasm, cardiovascular effects, immediate hypersensitivity reactions (eg, rash, urticaria, angioedema).
Inhalation aerosol (w. dose counter)—8.5g (200 inh)
- McDonald's and the Microbiome: What Effect Does Junk Food Have on Gut Bacteria?
- When the Doctor is Depressed: One Clinician Tells His Story
- Most Distinctive Causes of Death Mapped by U.S. State
- Spice + Statin Likely Culprit in Patient with Acute Hepatitis
- First Non-Surgical Tx for "Double Chin" Gains FDA Approval