Generic Name and Formulations:
Desvenlafaxine (as succinate) 25mg, 50mg, 100mg; ext-rel tabs.
- Pristiq Shows Low Chance of Sexual Dysfunction in Adults with MDD
- Khedezla Now Available for Depression
- Data Demonstrates Long-Term Prevention of Major Depressive Disorder Relapse with Pristiq
Indications for PRISTIQ:
Major depressive disorder.
Swallow whole. 50mg once daily. Moderate renal impairment: max 50mg/day. Severe renal impairment (CrCl <30mL/min), ESRD: 25mg daily or 50mg every other day. Do not give supplemental dose after dialysis. Hepatic impairment: max 100mg/day. Withdraw gradually.
Concomitant MAOIs during or within 7 days of discontinuing desvenlafaxine. Within 14 days of discontinuing an MAOI. Concomitant linezolid or IV methylene blue.
Increased risk of suicidal thinking or behavior; monitor for clinical worsening or unusual changes. Screen for bipolar disorder. Monitor for serotonin syndrome; discontinue if occurs. Monitor BP; reduce dose or discontinue if elevated BP persists. Cardio- or cerebrovascular disease. Angle-closure glaucoma. History of mania/hypomania. Seizure disorder. Volume depleted. Renal or hepatic impairment. Avoid abrupt cessation. Reevaluate periodically. Write ℞ for smallest practical amount. Elderly. Labor & delivery. Pregnancy (Cat.C; avoid in 3rd trimester; taper). Nursing mothers: not recommended.
See Contraindications. Avoid alcohol, concomitant venlafaxine, other forms of desvenlafaxine. Increased risk of serotonin syndrome with other serotonergic drugs (eg, triptans, tricyclic antidepressants, fentanyl, lithium, tramadol, tryptophan, buspirone, St. John's Wort) or with drugs that impair serotonin metabolism (eg, MAOIs, linezolid, IV methylene blue). Increased risk of bleeding with concomitant NSAIDs, aspirin, warfarin, or other drugs that affect coagulation; monitor. May affect CYP2D6 substrates (eg, desipramine, atomoxetine, dextromethorphan, metoprolol, nebivolol, perphenazine, tolterodine); reduce dose by up to ½ if concomitant with desvenlafaxine 400mg dose. May cause false (+) urine immunoassay screening tests for PCP and amphetamine.
Nausea, dizziness, insomnia, hyperhidrosis, constipation, somnolence, decreased appetite, anxiety, sexual dysfunction, lipid abnormalities; rare: hyponatremia/SIADH (esp. in elderly), interstitial lung disease, eosinophilic pneumonia, serotonin syndrome, mydriasis.
Tabs 25mg—30; 50mg, 100mg—14, 30, 90
- 50mg tablets (Qty:30)
- appx. price $245.00
- McDonald's and the Microbiome: What Effect Does Junk Food Have on Gut Bacteria?
- When the Doctor is Depressed: One Clinician Tells His Story
- Spice + Statin Likely Culprit in Patient with Acute Hepatitis
- Most Distinctive Causes of Death Mapped by U.S. State
- First Non-Surgical Tx for "Double Chin" Gains FDA Approval
- Heart Rate May Be an Indicator of Future Diabetes Risk
- Probiotic Mixture VSL#3 Shows Promise for Crohn's Recurrence
- Study: Beloranib Appears Safe, Efficacious for Weight Loss in Obesity
- Progress Toward Mind-Controlled Robotic Limbs
- Response to Resistance Exercise Depends on a Person's Genetic Risk for Obesity