PRILOSEC OTC OTC
Generic Name and Formulations:
Omeprazole (as magnesium) 20mg; delayed-release tabs; regular or wildberry flavor.
Procter & Gamble Pharmaceuticals
Indications for PRILOSEC OTC:
Frequent heartburn (≥2 days/week).
Swallow whole. Take before eating in the AM. ≥18yrs: 20mg once daily for 14 days; may repeat 14-day course every 4 months.
<18yrs: not recommended.
Proton pump inhibitor.
Not for immediate relief of heartburn. Reevaluate if condition continues or worsens after 14 days. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers: not recommended.
May potentiate diazepam, warfarin, tacrolimus. Antagonizes atazanavir (monitor). May alter absorption of pH-dependent drugs (eg, ketoconazole, itraconazole, digoxin).
Tabs—14, 28, 42
- McDonald's and the Microbiome: What Effect Does Junk Food Have on Gut Bacteria?
- When the Doctor is Depressed: One Clinician Tells His Story
- Most Distinctive Causes of Death Mapped by U.S. State
- Spice + Statin Likely Culprit in Patient with Acute Hepatitis
- First Non-Surgical Tx for "Double Chin" Gains FDA Approval