The FDA has announced a new action plan designed to reassess their approach to opioid medications.
A new study has found that 71% of patients who overdosed on opioid prescription painkillers were given higher doses than similar patients who had lower dose prescriptions.
Researchers from the VA conducted a retrospective cohort study to compare the risk of mental health episodes requiring hospitalization or outpatient clinic visits associated with varenicline vs. nicotine patch use during the time prior to psychiatric boxed warnings.
The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has warned against the use of Bentonite Me Baby by Alikay Naturals due to a potential lead poisoning risk.
Hydrocodone combination analgesic prescriptions have dropped by 22% since the U.S. Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) reclassified the products from schedule III to schedule II of the Controlled Substances Act.
Make prescribing decisions with our charts and treatment algorithms.
Featured courses from mycme
Stay current and study for the Pathology Re-Certification Exam with over 1,200 practice ...
Access more than 700 pain medicine practice questions and review detailed rationales for ...
This activity is designed to change health provider attitudes on chronic pain and willingness to ...
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
- 2016 Recommended Immunization Schedule for Adults: What's Changed?
- First Sexually-Transmitted Zika Virus Case Confirmed in Texas
- 2016 Childhood and Adolescent Immunization Schedule Released
- Spiriva Respimat Gains Indication and New Dosage Strength
- To Rx or Not to Rx: Interventions to Improve Antibiotic Prescribing for Uncomplicated Acute RTI
- CDC Guidelines on Preventing Sexual Transmission of Zika Virus Issued
- CDC Updates Interim Zika Virus Guidelines for Pregnant Women and Women of Reproductive Age
- Daklinza Use Expanded to Cover Treatment in More HCV Patients
- Researchers Call for an Alternative Tdap Immunization Strategy for Adolescents
- FDA Announces Large Action Plan in Effort to Reverse the Opioid Epidemic