A review appearing in the journal Pain estimates that between 20 to 30 percent of opioid analgesic drugs prescribed for chronic pain are misused and rates of addiction range from 8 to 12 percent.
The U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) has announced a targeted initiative, including educational initiatives for healthcare professionals, to reduce prescription opioid and heroin related overdose, death, and dependence.
Exposure to common air pollutants before birth may make children more likely to have the symptoms of attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) and other thinking and behavioral problems
Air pollution may take a toll not only on physical health, but mental well-being as well, according to two new studies.
A new study reported that children exposed to their parents' smoking may have a higher risk of developing heart disease in adulthood than those whose parents didn't smoke.
Make prescribing decisions with our charts and treatment algorithms.
Featured courses from mycme
This activity is designed to change health provider attitudes on chronic pain and willingness to ...
Binge eating disorder is underdiagnosed and undertreated. Nurse practitioners who routinely manage the healthcare needs ...
- Necessary Procedure Leads to Assault and Battery Charges
- Certain Antibiotics May Up Diabetes Risk
- FDA: Life-Threatening Interaction Possible Between Antivirals, Amiodarone
- Study: Pregnant, Breastfeeding Women Not Consuming Enough of This Nutrient
- Study: Abuse, Addiction, Poisoning Diagnoses Decrease with Reformulated Oxycontin