According to a study in the journal Nicotine and Tobacco Research, the smoking cessation treatment varenicline is more effective for women in short and immediate outcomes compared to men, but is equally effective for both with longer outcomes.
Smokers are more likely to cut back or quit if they switch to cigarettes made from tobacco containing very low levels of nicotine, new research shows.
Three of the United States' top four wine-producing states have arsenic levels that exceed the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency's (U.S. EPA) exposure limit for drinking water, according to research in the Journal of Environmental Health. However, an accompanying study in the journal also concluded that the likely health risks depend on an individual's diet.
Smoking significantly increases medical costs among patients with peripheral artery disease (PAD), a new study suggests.
The first cohort study on the long-term safety of medical cannabis found that patients with chronic noncancer pain using cannabis daily for one year did not experience more serious adverse events (SAEs) compared to controls, although they did experience more non-serious adverse events (AEs).
Make prescribing decisions with our charts and treatment algorithms.
Featured courses from mycme
This activity is designed to change health provider attitudes on chronic pain and willingness to ...
This is a 2 hour course designed for home study by healthcare clinicians. Successful completion ...
Earn up to 0.50 pharmacology credits and learn about the psychopharmacology of addiction, how to ...
- The Vitamin D Debate: Conundrums and Complexities, Part 2
- A Rare Case of Ketoacidosis in a Non-Diabetic Patient: What's the Cause?
- Clinicians Think Rare Disease But Clinical Clues Lead to Something More Disturbing
- CDC Warns of Drug-Resistant 'Superbug' in Multiple U.S. Cities
- Drug Used to Reduce Mortality After MI Discontinued, Generic in Shortage
- Preventing - and Planning for - the Next Influenza Pandemic
- Long-term Testosterone Replacement Ups Risk of Cardiovascular Events, Death in HIV+ Men
- Less Treatment Failures Seen With Empiric Cephalexin in Pediatric UTI
- Some Pediatric Cellulitis Successfully Treated at Home, Study Suggests
- Increased Mortality With Tigecycline as Adjunct Tx for Severe CDAD