Researchers may have discovered a mechanistic explanation and preliminary evidence to support previous findings that mothers of twins are more likely to have smoked, despite smoking's potential deleterious effects on fertility.
Rates of both prescription opioid overdoses and dispensing of prescription opioid pain relievers dropped substantially after the introduction of abuse-deterrent extended-release oxycodone HCI (OxyContin; Purdue Pharma), according to an article in JAMA Internal Medicine.
In the past month, more than 300 people in Alabama and Mississippi have sought emergency care after using synthetic marijuana, according to health officials
Nearly one in 10 full-time workers in the United States have had a recent substance abuse problem, according to a report from the U.S. Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA).
Electronic cigarettes (e-cigarettes) may actually hinder, not help, cigarette smokers when it comes to quitting.
Make prescribing decisions with our charts and treatment algorithms.
Featured courses from mycme
This activity is designed to change health provider attitudes on chronic pain and willingness to ...
During this session attendees will learn about the psychopharmacology of addiction, how to identify substance ...
- Certain Food Combos Prevent Weight Gain, While Others Promote It
- The Vitamin D Debate: Conundrums and Complexities
- Maple Syrup Boosts Antibiotic Effects in Proof-of-Concept Research
- The Consequences of Ignoring the Complete Medication List
- New AHA/ACA/ASH Hypertension Guidelines: Lead Author Discusses Treatments and Controversies
- Severe "Morning Sickness" May Increase ADHD, Anxiety Risk in Offspring
- Genes May Explain Difficult-to-Treat Asthma Cases in Children
- New Clues on Why Certain Hypertension Meds Fail for Some Patients
- No Increased Autism Risk With MMR Vaccine in Study, Even in High-Risk Children
- Is Mindfulness Therapy Comparable to Antidepressants to Prevent Depressive Relapse?