Generic Name and Formulations:
Clopidogrel (as bisulfate) 75mg, 300mg; tabs.
- HCTZ Bottles Recalled After Discovery of Blood Thinner Tablet
- Patient Profiles Differ With Prasugrel vs. Clopidogrel for PCI
- FDA Mulls Over Results of NEJM Antiplatelet Tx Study
Indications for PLAVIX:
Reduction of atherosclerotic events in: recent MI or stroke, established peripheral arterial disease; non-ST-segment elevation acute coronary syndrome (unstable angina/non-ST-elevation MI) or ST-elevation MI; see full labeling.
75mg once daily. Non-ST-segment acute coronary syndrome (give with aspirin 75–325mg once daily): give one 300mg loading dose first. ST-segment elevation MI (give with aspirin, with or without thrombolytics): may start with or without a loading dose. CYP2C19 poor metabolizers: may need higher doses. If concomitant PPI required: consider acid-reducing agent with minimal or no CYP2C19 inhibitory effect.
Active pathologic bleeding (eg, peptic ulcer, intracranial hemorrhage).
CYP2C19 poor metabolizers: diminished effectiveness and higher cardiovascular event rates. Consider testing for CYP2C19 genotype before starting therapy; consider alternative treatment if identified as poor metabolizer. Risk of bleeding (eg, surgery); consider discontinuing 5 days before elective surgery. Avoid lapses in therapy; if temporarily discontinued, restart as soon as possible. Increased risk of cardiovascular events if discontinued prematurely. Pregnancy (Cat.B). Nursing mothers: not recommended.
Avoid concomitant CYP2C19 inhibitors (eg, omeprazole, esomeprazole). Caution with concomitant aspirin (esp. in recent TIA or stroke) or other drugs that increase risk of bleeding (eg, NSAIDs, warfarin, SSRI, SNRI).
P2Y12 platelet inhibitor (thienopyridine).
Bleeding (may be fatal), epistaxis, hematuria, bruising, ulcers, rash; hypersensitivity reactions, thrombotic thrombocytopenic purpura.
Tabs 75mg—30, 90, 100, 500; 300mg—30, 100
- 75mg tablets (Qty:30)
- appx. price $204.00
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
- Impurities Dectected in CKD Drug Prompt Recall
- Beetroot Juice: The Key to Improving Heart Health in the Elderly?
- Vit D-Rich Foods May Help Reduce Allergy Risk in Offspring
- First Known Zika Infection in U.S. Resident Traveling from Costa Rica
- Are NSAIDs Really Better Than Placebo for Chronic Low Back Pain?