PLAN B ONE-STEP OTC
Generic Name and Formulations:
Levonorgestrel 1.5mg; tabs.
Indications for PLAN B ONE-STEP:
Prevention of pregnancy after known or suspected contraceptive failure or unprotected intercourse. Not for use as regular contraceptive.
Adult Dose for PLAN B ONE-STEP:
Rule out pregnancy first. Take one single-dose as soon as possible but no later than 72hrs after unprotected intercourse. If vomiting occurs within 2hrs, may consider repeating dose.
Children's Dose for PLAN B ONE-STEP:
See full labeling. Known or suspected pregnancy.
See full labeling. Ectopic pregnancy. Does not protect against STI/HIV.
Drugs (eg, barbiturates, carbamazepine, phenytoin) or herbal products (eg, St. John's wort) that induce certain enzymes (eg, CYP3A4) may decrease effectiveness.
Heavier menstrual bleeding, nausea, abdominal pain, fatigue, headache, dizziness, breast tenderness, delay of menses (>7days).
- Can Wearables for Babies Help Prevent SIDS?
- Most Excessive Drinkers Don't Meet Alcohol Dependence Criteria
- Carcinogen from Hookah Smoke Harmful, Even in Secondhand Exposure
- Refined vs. Extra Virgin Olive Oil: Is One Better for Cardiovascular Health?
- Digoxin and Incident A-Fib: New Results on Mortality, Hospitalization Risk