PLAN B ONE-STEP OTC
Generic Name and Formulations:
Levonorgestrel 1.5mg; tabs.
Indications for PLAN B ONE-STEP:
Prevention of pregnancy after known or suspected contraceptive failure or unprotected intercourse. Not for use as regular contraceptive.
Rule out pregnancy first. Take one single-dose as soon as possible but no later than 72hrs after unprotected intercourse. If vomiting occurs within 2hrs, may consider repeating dose.
See full labeling. Known or suspected pregnancy.
See full labeling. Ectopic pregnancy. Does not protect against STI/HIV.
Drugs (eg, barbiturates, carbamazepine, phenytoin) or herbal products (eg, St. John's wort) that induce certain enzymes (eg, CYP3A4) may decrease effectiveness.
Heavier menstrual bleeding, nausea, abdominal pain, fatigue, headache, dizziness, breast tenderness, delay of menses (>7days).
- Digoxin Ups Risk of Death in A-Fib, CHF Patients in Largest Study to Date
- Mylan Launches Generic Seasonale
- New Strategies to Treat Depression in Youth Using SSRIs
- Relaxation Response Improves IBS, IBD Symptoms in First-of-Kind Study
- Arginase-Inhibiting Drugs May Be Future Tx for Obesity-Related Hypertension