Generic Name and Formulations:
Docusate sodium 50mg, standardized senna (as sennosides 8.6mg); tabs.
Purdue Products L.P.
- FDA Wants More Info Before Approving Exparel for Post-Op Nerve Block
- Laparoscopic Power Morcellators Get Safety Labeling Update
- Kogenate FS Gains Expanded Hemophilia A Indication
Indications for PERI-COLACE:
2–4 tablets daily.
<2yrs: individualize. 2–5yrs: up to 1 tablet daily. 6–11yrs: 1–2 tablets daily.
Stool softener + stimulant.
Discontinue if rectal bleeding or no bowel movement occurs. Pregnancy. Nursing mothers.
Docusate may increase systemic absorption of mineral oil.
Tabs—10, 30, 60
- Certain Food Combos Prevent Weight Gain, While Others Promote It
- The Vitamin D Debate: Conundrums and Complexities
- Maple Syrup Boosts Antibiotic Effects in Proof-of-Concept Research
- The Consequences of Ignoring the Complete Medication List
- New AHA/ACA/ASH Hypertension Guidelines: Lead Author Discusses Treatments and Controversies
- Severe "Morning Sickness" May Increase ADHD, Anxiety Risk in Offspring
- Genes May Explain Difficult-to-Treat Asthma Cases in Children
- New Clues on Why Certain Hypertension Meds Fail for Some Patients
- No Increased Autism Risk With MMR Vaccine in Study, Even in High-Risk Children
- Is Mindfulness Therapy Comparable to Antidepressants to Prevent Depressive Relapse?