Penicillin VK Oral Suspension Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Penicillin V (as potassium) 125mg/5mL, 250mg/5mL.
Various generic manufacturers
Indications for Penicillin VK Oral Suspension:
Take on an empty stomach. 125–500mg every 6–8 hours.
Take on an empty stomach. 15–56mg/kg per day in 3–6 divided doses.
Cephalosporin, imipenem, or other allergy: not recommended. Pregnancy (Cat.B). Nursing mothers.
Avoid concomitant erythromycin, sulfonamides. Potentiated by probenecid.
GI upset, urticaria, anaphylaxis.
Formerly known under the brand names Beepen-VK, Betapen-VK, Ledercillin VK, Pen-Vee K, Penapar-VK, Pfizerpen VK, V-Cillin K, Veetids, Uticillin VK.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
- 2016 Recommended Immunization Schedule for Adults: What's Changed?
- Spiriva Respimat Gains Indication and New Dosage Strength
- CDC: Novel Lyme Disease Pathogen Discovered
- First Sexually-Transmitted Zika Virus Case Confirmed in Texas
- To Rx or Not to Rx: Interventions to Improve Antibiotic Prescribing for Uncomplicated Acute RTI
- New Guideline on Managing Status Epilepticus Released
- There's a Life-Expectancy Gap Between the U.S. and Other High-Income Countries: Here's 3 Reasons Why
- Microbiome-Based Oral Drug Looks Promising for Recurrent C. difficile
- Is Immunotherapy Effective for Elderly Patients with Allergic Rhinitis?
- Botulinum Toxin Type A May Reduce Chronic Spinal Cord Injury-Associated Neuropathic Pain