PEDIALYTE POWDER PACKS OTC
Generic Name and Formulations:
Dextrose 5.7g, sodium 10.6Eq, potassium 4.7mEq, chloride 8.3mEq, Calories 23; per pack; contains acesulfame; apple, fruit punch, grape, or strawberry flavor.
Indications for PEDIALYTE POWDER PACKS:
Oral fluid and electrolyte replacement in mild to moderate diarrhea and vomiting.
Mix one pack with 8oz of water and drink. <1yr: not recommended. ≥1yr: Give every 1–4hrs; intake: 32–64oz/day.
Fluid & electrolyte replacement.
As sole therapy in severe continuing diarrhea. Intractable vomiting. Adynamic ileus. Intestinal obstruction or perforated bowel. Anuria, oliguria, or impaired homeostatic mechanism.
Liq (flavored)—1L; Liq (unflavored)—2oz, 1L; Singles (6.8oz)—16; Pwd (packets)—4, 8; Pops—16
- Recall of Two IV Antibiotics Announced
- Five Things ID Experts Want You to Know Before You Prescribe an Antibiotic
- What's Changed in Immunization Recommendations From CDC Advisory Committee
- IUD Approval Gives Women New Long-Acting Birth Control Option
- Vitamin D: Greater Risk Factor for Diabetes Than Weight?
- Number of Docs, Retail Clinics Affect Antibiotic Prescribing Rate
- More Evidence Points to the Power of Nuts in Reducing CVD Mortality
- Overactive Bladder Drug May be Beneficial in MS
- FDA to Review Investigational Parkinson's Disease Drug Xadago
- How Prevalent is Antipsychotic Prescribing in Seniors with Dementia?