Generic Name and Formulations:
Carbidopa, levodopa; 10mg/100mg, 25mg/100mg, 25mg/250mg; orally-disintegrating tabs; mint flavor; contains phenylalanine.
Jazz Pharmaceuticals plc
Indications for PARCOPA:
Discontinue levodopa at least 12 hrs before starting Parcopa. Dissolve tabs on tongue. ≥18yrs: initially one 25/100 tab 3 times daily, or one 10/100 tab 3–4 times daily; increase every 1–2 days up to either 2 tabs of 25/100 or 2 tabs of 10/100 4 times daily. Patients taking levodopa >1500mg/day: initially one 25/250 tab 3–4 times daily; usual max carbidopa 200mg/day.
<18yrs: not recommended.
Dopa-decarboxylase inhibitor + dopamine precursor.
During or within 14 days of nonselective MAOIs. Narrow-angle glaucoma. Undiagnosed skin lesions. History of melanoma.
Severe cardiovascular or pulmonary disease. Asthma. Renal, hepatic, or endocrine disorders. History of peptic ulcer or MI with residual arrhythmias. Suicidal tendencies. Psychosis. Orthostatic hypotension. Chronic wide-angle glaucoma. Monitor renal, hepatic and cardiovascular function, intraocular pressure, blood counts. May stain body fluids. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers.
See Contraindications. Antagonized by phenothiazines, butyrophenones, risperidone, phenytoin, papaverine, isoniazid; possibly iron, high protein diets, excessive gastric acidity. Orthostatic hypotension with selegiline, antihypertensives. May be affected by metoclopramide. Hypertension, dyskinesia with tricyclics. May cause false (+) urinary ketone or Coombs test or false (–) urinary glucose (glucose oxidase) test.
Dyskinesias, GI upset, CNS disturbances (eg, hallucinations, confusion, depression, dizziness, headache, insomnia, somnolence), syncope, hypo- or hypertension, dyspnea, on-off phenomena, blepharospasm (may indicate excess dose), urine discoloration, lab abnormalities; rare: neuroleptic malignant syndrome.
- 10mg/100mg orally disintegrating tabs (Qty:30)
- appx. price $106.00
- Necessary Procedure Leads to Assault and Battery Charges
- Certain Antibiotics May Up Diabetes Risk
- FDA: Life-Threatening Interaction Possible Between Antivirals, Amiodarone
- Study: Abuse, Addiction, Poisoning Diagnoses Decrease with Reformulated Oxycontin
- Spironolactone for Hormonal Acne: Is Routine Potassium Monitoring Necessary?
- Public Health Emergency Declared in IN Following HIV Outbreak
- Study: Hospital Readmissions, Length of Stay Greater for C. diff Patients
- Does the Aviation Industry Need Better Mental Health Screening?
- National Strategy to Fight Superbugs Released by the White House
- Gene Mutation May Explain Severe Flu in Healthy Children