Generic Name and Formulations:
Choriogonadotropin alfa (r-hCG) 250mcg/0.5mL; liq for SC inj.
EMD Serono, Inc.
Indications for OVIDREL:
Induction of final follicular maturation and early luteinization in infertile women as part of an Assisted Reproductive Technology (ART) program. Ovulation induction where infertility is not due to ovarian failure.
250mg SC one day after last dose of follicle-stimulating agent, if adequate follicular development is evident, and only if there is no evidence of excessive ovarian response (e.g., significant ovarian enlargement, excessive estradiol production, multiple follicular development seen on ultrasound).
Ovarian enlargement and excessive follicular recruitment while undergoing menotropin therapy. Primary ovarian failure. Uncontrolled thyroid or adrenal dysfunction. Uncontrolled intracranial lesion (eg, pituitary tumor). Abnormal genital bleeding. Ovarian cyst or enlargement. Sex hormone-dependent tumors of reproductive system. Pregnancy (Cat.X).
Do complete gynecological and endocrinological exam first. Cardiac or renal disease. Epilepsy. Migraine. Asthma. Nursing mothers.
Ovarian hyperstimulation syndrome (discontinue if occurs) or enlargement, ascites, pleural effusion, ovarian cyst rupture, abdominal pain, multiple births, arterial thromboembolism, headache, irritability, restlessness, depression, fatigue, edema, local reactions.
- 250mcg syringes (Qty:1)
- appx. price $137.00
- Nine Factors That Appear to Elevate Alzheimer's Risk
- NSAIDs Linked to Long-Term Colon Cancer Risk Reduction
- Clinical Suspicion Leads to Uncommon Diagnosis in Patient With High Fever
- What a New Study Says About Omega-3s and Brain Health
- Measles and 'Immune Amnesia': Why Vaccination Could Also Prevent Other Diseases
- Can Education Boost Adherence to Apixaban? New Data Presented
- Sensus Wearable Device for RLS: Pilot Study Data Announced
- Ezetimibe Add-On Tx Shows CV Benefits in Patients With Diabetes, ACS
- First State Adds Locking Devices to Rx Bottles for Deter Abuse, Misuse
- Osteonecrosis of Jaw Risk Highest for Two Bisphosphonates