For older adults with hearing impairment (HI), moderate or more severe impairment is associated with mortality in an age-adjusted model.
Researchers have discovered the molecular mechanisms responsible for the development of noise-induced tinnitus and possible drug therapy that may reduce the susceptibility to this condition based on their findings.
Inflammation from bacterial infections may increase susceptibility to aminoglycoside-linked hearing impairment by increasing the uptake of the antibiotic into the inner ear.
Featured courses from mycme
Among the many issues clinicians face today, staying current with advances in medicine is becoming ...
Review for the ABO, OTE, and AOBOO Exams with the most used question bank for ...
Pediatric allergic diseases, particularly atopic dermatitis, exert an enormous economic and emotional toll on pediatric ...
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
- Antidepressant May Possibly Protect Against Dementia, Says New Study
- Study: Trulicity Effective as Add-on to Sulfonylurea
- Physician Burnout Up 10% Over Past 3 Years
- New Antivirals, Enhanced Screening Could Eliminate HCV in the U.S., Say Researchers
- Law 101: Emergency Medical Treatment and Active Labor Act (EMTALA)