For older adults with hearing impairment (HI), moderate or more severe impairment is associated with mortality in an age-adjusted model.
Researchers have discovered the molecular mechanisms responsible for the development of noise-induced tinnitus and possible drug therapy that may reduce the susceptibility to this condition based on their findings.
Inflammation from bacterial infections may increase susceptibility to aminoglycoside-linked hearing impairment by increasing the uptake of the antibiotic into the inner ear.
Featured courses from mycme
Among the many issues clinicians face today, staying current with advances in medicine is becoming ...
Review for the ABO, OTE, and AOBOO Exams with the most used question bank for ...
Pediatric allergic diseases, particularly atopic dermatitis, exert an enormous economic and emotional toll on pediatric ...
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
- Updated Administration Information for Linzess
- Melatonin May Improve Sleep in Children With Atopic Dermatitis
- Topical Retinol Induces Skin Changes Similar to Retinoic Acid
- Access to New HCV Txs Being Denied to Almost Half of Medicaid Patients, Here's Why
- For Seniors, Does Moderate Drinking Have a Protective Effect on Mortality?