As part of the Unapproved Drugs Initiatives, the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) announced it will take enforcement action against companies that manufacture and/or distribute unapproved prescription otic products labeled to relieve ear pain, infection, and inflammation.
Par announced the launch of Cortisporin-TC (colistin sulfate, neomycin sulfate, thonzonium bromide, hydrocortisone acetate) Otic Suspension for the treatment of otitis externa caused by susceptible organisms and for the treatment of mastoidectomy and fenestration cavities caused by susceptible organisms.
A drug to treat stroke showed efficacy in treating middle-ear infections by suppressing mucus overproduction, improving bacterial clearance, and reducing hearing loss, researchers from the Georgia State University and University of Rochester reported.
Featured courses from mycme
Pediatric allergic diseases, particularly atopic dermatitis, exert an enormous economic and emotional toll on pediatric ...
This module reviews all topics on the NCCPA examination blueprint relating to Pulmonology, Ophthalmology, and ...
Preventing versus managing pediatric allergies can improve a child’s physical and mental health, enhance quality ...
- Paleo Diet: Should It Stay in the Stone Age?
- Risks and Recommendations: The Use of NSAIDs in Patients With Cardiovascular Disease
- Neurological Complications Caused by "Skinny Jeans"
- Popular Restaurant Meals That Pack a Caloric Punch
- What's the Secret to Longevity? Lessons from "Blue Zones" Worldwide