ORAPRED ODT Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Prednisolone (as sodium phosphate) 10mg, 15mg, 30mg; orally-disintegrating tabs; grape flavor.
Concordia Pharmaceuticals Inc.
Indications for ORAPRED ODT:
See literature. Tabs: swallow whole or dissolve on tongue; do not break or use partial tabs. Initially 5–60mg/day.
See literature. Tabs: swallow whole or dissolve on tongue; do not break or use partial tabs. Initially 0.14–2mg/kg per day in 3–4 divided doses.
Systemic mycoses. Live vaccinations. Cerebral malaria.
Tuberculosis. Latent infection (esp. amebiasis). Hypo- or hyperthyroidism. Cirrhosis. Ocular herpes simplex, optic neuritis: not recommended. Avoid exposure to chickenpox or measles; consider prophylactic passive immune therapy if exposure occurs. Renal insufficiency. Ulcerative colitis if perforation pending. Diverticulitis. Peptic ulcer. Hypertension. CHF. Osteoporosis. Diabetes. Supplement with additional steroids in physiologic stress. Avoid abrupt cessation. Alternate, intermittent or single-daily doses at 8AM minimize adrenal suppression. Monitor weight, growth, fluid and electrolyte balance, and intraocular pressure. Emotional instability. Psychotic tendencies. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers.
Effects may be decreased by hepatic enzyme inducers (e.g., barbiturates, hydantoins, rifampin). May be potentiated by ketoconazole, estrogens. Acute myopathy with neuromuscular blockers. Avoid aspirin. Cyclosporine: both drugs potentiated and seizures reported. Monitor warfarin, antidiabetic agents. Avoid anticholinesterases. Monitor if given with potassium-depleting agents, digoxin.
HPA axis suppression, masks infection, increased susceptibility to infection, glaucoma, cataracts, secondary infections, hypokalemia, hypocalcemia, hypernatremia, hypertension, psychic disorders, myopathy, osteoporosis, peptic ulcer, dermal atrophy, increased intracranial pressure, carbohydrate intolerance.
- McDonald's and the Microbiome: What Effect Does Junk Food Have on Gut Bacteria?
- When the Doctor is Depressed: One Clinician Tells His Story
- Most Distinctive Causes of Death Mapped by U.S. State
- Spice + Statin Likely Culprit in Patient with Acute Hepatitis
- First Non-Surgical Tx for "Double Chin" Gains FDA Approval
- Heart Rate May Be an Indicator of Future Diabetes Risk
- Probiotic Mixture VSL#3 Shows Promise for Crohn's Recurrence
- Study: Beloranib Appears Safe, Efficacious for Weight Loss in Obesity
- Progress Toward Mind-Controlled Robotic Limbs
- Response to Resistance Exercise Depends on a Person's Genetic Risk for Obesity